1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I had a Vrod. I have always gone against the grain. So Vic and me sort if gel

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had a 2007 FXDSE, got screwed in the financing, 4 years later I came into a little money, tried to decide if making the FXDSE comefortable and paying it off would be better than trading up. Decided to trade up to a, 2011 FLTRX (that was paid for), and as it goes, what goes up will definitely go down. With that being said, last year we had a financial hardship, with the bike the being the only thing we owned outright it had to go. I had been bike shopping since the day I listed mine on ebay, knowing that one day I would have another (Harley), but I found the HighBall, and it really ate at me not being able to have another bike, so after a little haggling at the dealership, and a lot at home, I got the payments for this one down to an affordable level, and it came home with me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a Street Glide, and my partner Debbie was never comfortable on it. She was a good sport and would go on short rides on occasion, but she was usually in pain by the time we got home. She has arthritis in her back, knees, and ankles. So one day when we were driving around I asked her if she wanted to stop by the Victory store and she said yes. She sat on a CCT and was very comfortable. Much more room, a tour pack instead of a sissy bar, and the placement of the floorboards worked better for her. Plus, I had more room as well. So I bought a CCT and now she asks me to go riding and is grinning when we get home.

I've been fighting buffeting for 2 years on the Street Glide, and have none on the CCT. So now that I have the Victory for touring, I'm trading my Street Glide for a Road King, which is what I had before. Now I'm a happy camper and Debbie is a happy camper. Life is good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had hankered after a Harley since my teens but study, family and life in general meant that I was never able to afford one when the inclination was strongest. I have always enjoyed interesting and alternative bikes and after doing the research into Victory I realised that they had re-worked the big v-twin and, without the baggage of history, had got it right. I guess I have finally grown up !

·
Registered
298 Posts
Had 4 or 5 HD's over a period of years. Never a problem, just wanted something different for a change. If I buy something other than a Victory in the future it'll likely be for the same reason. That Moto Guzzi Calif 1400 Tourer looks really sweet:rolleyes:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Switch

I had owned some 20+ bikes in my life, but never got around to a Harley. The V92SC with the Pre-Freedom motor, mid-controls and over built front end won me over. I'm now on my 5th Vic!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Had well over a dozen Harleys over the years and was looking at another one when I stumbled across Victory demo rides. The rest is in their marketing, I rode it and I bought it.

Good thing too. My 2012 Harley that I ride for work has 20k on it and close to $3k in repairs, brakes and a rear tire in that time. Of course its like new thanks to the new wheel bearings, new shifter, third regulator, 7th light / passing bulb, third flasher, 2nd set of exhaust clamps.....the list goes on.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Not just HD, but I have owned a boatload of Hondas----big and small, yammas, and 5 or 6 Harley's of every category (softail, touring, Sportster) why you ask did I switch??? Because ----after I did the research and after I tried to stop staring at the Kingpin, there is no better bike I have sat my fat butt upon. Pardon my simplicity ;)

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
40 Years of Owning HD Mostly .. After my 09 Ultra was in the Shop for the umpteenth time said it's time to try something different .. Be a year the 31st owned my XC and quite a happy camper so far ...

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Not exactly a switch, but the time came after over 60 years of riding to get a touring bike with a lower seat height or give up riding and that meant a cruiser. Some riding friends suggested I look into Harley and my reply was, no thanks, I've rented them. After much research and eavesdropping this forum and an amazingly revealing test ride, here I am, one ecstatic Cross Roads owner.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I got done giving my cash to smarmy multimillionaire greaseball car dealers that run a con to get you on an overpriced and underpowered machine with a high failure rate and then milk you to poverty keeping it roadworthy while they push train sets and beer mugs at you.

But I'm not bitter.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I am a tour rider which means I sometimes end up riding in rain. I had lots of trouble from time to time on my Road Glide and experienced a failure of the TSSM, turn signal security module, which is quite expensive to replace. At the time I was under warranty so no charge to me. 6 months later I was getting the same symptoms and took the bike back in. This time they found a turn signal switch with water in it and told me I should be bringing it in from the rain, but they did replace it under the warranty. I got to thinking about that and how a bike gets rained on when you are holed up in a motel or when you get caught on the road by a storm and I came to the conclusion I could not afford to own a bike that stopped working right when it got wet. The warranty was about to run out and I just didn't want to put up with any more problems on my nickle. That is when I started to search seriously for a replacement.
When I was in a Yamaha dealer looking at the Venture I stumbled across the Vision and liked it. I took one for a ride and was sold. I spent the next month plus reading up on it to make sure I wasn't stepping back into the same thing and finally pulled the trigger in mid-May this year. I have no regrets at 7700 miles and at least that many smiles.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Had my share of Honda's Kawi's. Tourers and cruisers.When HD introduced the Street Glide I thought that was the one. A cleaned up ultra with out all the gingerbread house **** on it and no trunk. So cool. Still are! Then Vic made the Cross Country. Nice Job!. Then I rode the SG twice. Had to make sure. My thought was could I own this bike for a long, long time? What will it cost to make it the way I want it. Then I studied and rode the Vic XC. One ride really made the decision an easy one. I wont mention the $3500 savings over the SG price tag that helped me put the bike where it is today. XC's are drop dead gorgeous bikes. Comfort and POWER ! cheers Stay thirsty my friends.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts