Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I noticed that in the 2013 Victory Sales Brochere and the online website specs, the torque rating for my Boardwalk and other cruisers is 110lbs, but for most of the baggers such as the CR and XC and Vision (with a few exceptions for Ness versions) is 106lbs. Anyone know why the difference in torque ratings?

I must say my Boardwalk does feel much more responsive than by CR did, but I thought that was due to the weight differences between the two bikes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The only thing I can think is that maybe Victory tests their engines differently than other places...

HP and torque ratings are usually measured at the back of the motor - which doesnt take into account any power lost to the transmission. Also, different gearing can affect HP and torque ratings. So, maybe Vic actually tests HP and torque at the rear wheel, rather than at the back of the motor??

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Supposedly, the cams are different between the cruisers and the tourers, tourers being tuned for more grunt on the bottom. Being 100 lbs lighter is most of that responsiveness difference.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Gibson,
Does this mean bagger riders are fat or big boned?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Victory's claimed output is measured at the crankshaft, so the answer is neither of those.
Not to go off topic, but with that motor of yours I'm wondering what your 0-60 and quarter mile times are?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Not to go off topic, but with that motor of yours I'm wondering what your 0-60 and quarter mile times are?
Don't have any way of measuring 0-60...
Best 1/4 mile before the final tuning was 11.63 @ 115 mph.
Best 60 foot time was 1.73 seconds.
Bike weighs 720 and I weigh 225. Calculator says it will do 11.52 now but I haven't tried it yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts