Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a couple of HDs and they were decent bikes, not really comfortable to me but okay for the most part. The thing is I had accidentally purchased a set of metric T-handle allen keys and had nothing to use them on......

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hahaha

I hate when that happens.

I got a new set of wrenches for my birthday...... couldn't use them on an old bike so......

Mike

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys....glad you see my point. My wife didn't fall for my excuse last year, but has since come around... :cool:

Now I've got to think of something for the ever growing "pile of Vic crap" in my Man Room....

·
Registered
632 Posts
I bought a Victory mainly because my dealer sold Harleys and Victory's. And I had a sportster that I wanted to sell and the Sportster was worth more to the dealer than the new Vic. So I made the switch. I'm happy the Vic fits me just right.... But I'll bet if I reversed the switch I would lose my shirt...

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I bought a Victory mainly because my dealer sold Harleys and Victory's. And I had a sportster that I wanted to sell and the Sportster was worth more to the dealer than the new Vic. So I made the switch. I'm happy the Vic fits me just right.... But I'll bet if I reversed the switch I would lose my shirt...
that's probably true. good thing I didn't buy my bike as an investment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't have a clue why I bought a Victory.

I don't have a clue why I bought my second Victory.

:D

1st - a Vegas 8-Ball, and now a Boardwalk.

This Boardwalk is pissing me off because there are virtually NO aftermarket for this bike. Even Victory doesn't offer much.

Still, I really like the bike.

We have other bikes.... I like them all. Well, mostly. cheers

Peace out.

P.S. - I'm going to use that "metric tool" excuse and see if it works for me. ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I bought a Victory because I didn't like any of the HD products... When I walked into the HD dealer looking for bikes it was like I was transported back a decade. I walked into the Vic dealer, sat on the Highball and wrote them a cheque. I had always been interested in the Vic's but had never really considered one because I was hooked on the Kool Aid.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I bought a Victory XCT because it was everything that I wanted, and nothing else was.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We have a Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Victory, and two Harleys.

My wife can never make up her mind.

;-)

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I bought a Victory because I deserve the best!

·
Registered
636 Posts
that's probably true. good thing I didn't buy my bike as an investment.
only twisted minds view toys as an investment......wac. I love my Vic. I like other motorcycles too, and appreciate them for what they are and for the most part, respect those who ride them. They are all two wheels I just happen to like mine better. cheers

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I bought my Victory because I rode one. ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
...The thing is I had accidentally purchased a set of metric T-handle allen keys and had nothing to use them on......
Yup! It can get real expensive, real quick, when you do that! :)

For me, it was a toss-up between a Cross Country, a Goldwing, and an F6B.. They had a XCT on sale and it was the only bike that made me say "Ahhhhh.. :)" ..when I sat on it. And the only bike that made me say "YES!" when I rode it. thumb up

·
Registered
742 Posts
I lucked out. I was shopping for an American big V-Twin, looking at HD's almost exclusively. Found a FXSTD of my liking literally hours after being sold. Then located a FXSTC I liked and was again a day late and a dollar short. Then I came upon my Vic. Took it for a ride and forgot about the other misses. Performance, ergos, looks...has it all. Never looked back. Should I attempt to locate the buyers of the 2 HD's I "missed" and THANK THEM? Nah. Let them be blissfully ignorant.cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
My wife talked me out of an HD told me it looked too much like an old man's bike. I'm glad she did because the vic it's better for me in every way. I'm sure I would have been happy with a road king. But my cross roads is awesome! Plus it doesn't age me 20 years every time I pull it out of the garage...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'd bought/sold several bikes in a short period of time. Still believing I could find just the bike for me for almost same $$ I'd bought/sold the other bikes. I then stumbled on this vegas.

Ah! What a steal of a deal from a guy on CL. I liked the way it looked and felt worth travelling several hours to take a look.

I finally have a keeper and do not anticipate letting it go for a long time. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know why I'm going to buy a Victory. Because I have sat on all the cruisers and love the way it feels and looks. Wanted one without chrome. The Gunner is perfect.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
For me, it was a toss-up between a Cross Country, a Goldwing, and an F6B..
Back when I went to look at the Vic XC(and buy it), my dealer had similar year/mileage F6B sitting right next to it. I had been eyeballing the F6B, watched reviews on them and all that. I liked the big Honda but once I saw it next to the Vic I knew where I was going. I wanted a motorcycle not a land-yacht.

·
Registered
396 Posts
cheershell its a JACKPOT, how could i turn it down!
fits me like a glove,makes me feel like a 20 year old hooligan
every time i ride it,garners loads of attention.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts