Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
If that had been me there would have been more than an "altercation", and they wouldn't have had any trouble finding me afterward. They could have followed the trail of the blood dripping off of my hands. This kinda stuff irritated me to the core. (Are you gettin that I'm upset here) I've been in situations like this before, but have not once gotten the 8astard, or 8itch as in one case, to stop and face me. That is probably the only reason I'm still at home gettin mad about this.

WOW. I just realized, YOU made me mad just bringin it up. Where did you say you live? haha

·
Registered
76 Posts
I saw the video of this several months ago on another bike site. The story does not do justice to how this guy tried to kill the riders with his truck by running them off the road and chasing them down.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The article stated he was to be sentenced on the 15th so I looked and found this article.
He was sentenced Thursday to two years in jail on each of two wanton endangerment counts, 90 days in jail for menacing and a $100 fine for reckless driving. The sentences run concurrent for a total of two years, court officials said.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The good news here is that GoPro cameras are becoming so commonplace on motorcycles, that more of these kind of idiotic drivers will be finding it harder and harder to get away with these kind of antics. My son just bought a slightly used CBR1000 that had two GoPro mounts, and I have a GoPro mount on the front and back of my bike as well. Maybe after a few more videos like this get posted and result in some convictions, drivers will get the message and stop acting like embiciles.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow, what a video! I too have been in this type situation involving a white pick-up truck. Maybe this guy got out of jail. Anyway, when reported to the LEOs, they said in that they didn't see the incident, they could'nt do anything. Maybe a camera helps. All that being said, notice that the bike rider passed during double yellow line and on right side of vehicle also. Did he also get cited? Don't get me wrong, I would have went a little further in my reaction to the dumba**. Just remember, don't give an a**hole an reason to act like a a**hole.cheers

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
OH hell NO...when he got out of the truck with a bar in his hand that raises the level of defense you are allowed by law..Im afraid my cheese would have slid clean off my cracker..That dick head needed a serious ass beatn for sure..I would have stopped sooner than that and been waiting for him....He also put 3 other bikes in danger the way he was driving.....Im glad he got time..

·
Registered
69 Posts
He didn't get near enough. That is attempted murder, or at least attempted assault with a deadly weapon. (If there is such a thing)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wow, what a video! I too have been in this type situation involving a white pick-up truck. Maybe this guy got out of jail. Anyway, when reported to the LEOs, they said in that they didn't see the incident, they could'nt do anything. Maybe a camera helps. All that being said, notice that the bike rider passed during double yellow line and on right side of vehicle also. Did he also get cited? Don't get me wrong, I would have went a little further in my reaction to the dumba**. Just remember, don't give an a**hole an reason to act like a a**hole.cheers
If you had read the full post to begin with along with the news article, you would see that the front running cyclist got a ticket for illegally passing across a double yellow line. This in and of itself is NO excuse for what the country bumpkin in the truck ensued in doing.
That said, I have seen these kinds of incidents far too often and the fault lies with the bike operators as often as the cage drivers. Cage drivers are assaulted daily by bike riders and feel that they are put at risk by them... reckless operation and speeding does not warrant vehicular assault, but incidents like this could be held to a minimum with more courteous bike riders... just saying.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I read the article and watched the video. IMHO there was some shared fault. The motorcycle should not have passed where he did and the truck driver sure as hell should not have acted like he did.

I have been on both sides of the fence; I have been the crotch rocket rider and the guy in a car. I have passed on roads like that in double yellow lines, I know its wrong but I still did it a lot. When I did it I alwaysa anticipated the driver acting like that so I would blow by as fast as possible to minimize exposure time. When driving a car with bikes around I always assume they will try to pass so I pay special attention just to make sure neither one of us is in more danger than we have to be.

I do have a permit and do always carry 100% of the time. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I would not have used it in the video above. Yes the guy had a pipe but having been in multiple confrontations there was no real justification, especially with the camera rolling. Had the rider drawn and used a weapon he would have been in jail for a very long time. The man may have had a pipe but I didn't see him approach either rider threatening to use it. It was more an intimidation thing.

The riders did the right thing by getting it on camera and calling the police. Whether people agree with me or not our justice system works beter than any other I have seen.

All that being said had he come at me with that pie he would have had about seven rounds of .40 cal hollow point in his chest.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I read the article and watched the video. IMHO there was some shared fault. The motorcycle should not have passed where he did and the truck driver sure as hell should not have acted like he did.

I have been on both sides of the fence; I have been the crotch rocket rider and the guy in a car. I have passed on roads like that in double yellow lines, I know its wrong but I still did it a lot. When I did it I alwaysa anticipated the driver acting like that so I would blow by as fast as possible to minimize exposure time. When driving a car with bikes around I always assume they will try to pass so I pay special attention just to make sure neither one of us is in more danger than we have to be.

I do have a permit and do always carry 100% of the time. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I would not have used it in the video above. Yes the guy had a pipe but having been in multiple confrontations there was no real justification, especially with the camera rolling. Had the rider drawn and used a weapon he would have been in jail for a very long time. The man may have had a pipe but I didn't see him approach either rider threatening to use it. It was more an intimidation thing.

The riders did the right thing by getting it on camera and calling the police. Whether people agree with me or not our justice system works beter than any other I have seen.

All that being said had he come at me with that pie he would have had about seven rounds of .40 cal hollow point in his chest.
I will agree..

·
Registered
111 Posts
concealed permit?

I will agree..
this is kind of a catch all reply. as to permits i have one, it's called the second amendment to the constitution of the united states of america. you know, the part about about the right of the people to keep and bear arms... / part2: i agree that as soon as he stepped out of that truck with a weapon it would be time for the center of mass double tap that i have practiced so maany times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree this guy had no busness doing what he did. It does go the other way too. Driving home from work last spring in my car I came up behind aguy on a goldwing doing 55 in a 60 zone. I decided to pass in a legal passing zone with oncoming traffic a mile away. This nut accelerated and then adjusted his speed to mine to force me to stay in the passing lane. Oncoming traffic then became a problem. I managed to finaly get around him just in time and he then rode my bumper all the way home. As far as I'm concerned he tried to kill me. I won't ride with idiots like this. They give bikers a bad name. The problem goes both ways. It's up to us to not be part of the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree this guy had no busness doing what he did. It does go the other way too. Driving home from work last spring in my car I came up behind aguy on a goldwing doing 55 in a 60 zone. I decided to pass in a legal passing zone with oncoming traffic a mile away. This nut accelerated and then adjusted his speed to mine to force me to stay in the passing lane.
You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts