Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
keep jacking ... looks like it should. When I jack mine, the front wheel always comes up first.

·
Registered
347 Posts
What is the red part of the jack that looks tweaked caddy-waumpus out of shape? Is the rear lift arm being twisted? Hope you have grade 8 bolts holding the lift arms together. I had to remove the trunk before my XCT would balance enough so my jack (pit bull style) would lift the rear.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I have the silver/yellow MC jack from Sears and it will twist under load like that if it's not balanced. I would strongly recommend removing the trunk and saddlebags before you lift; those things are kinda heavy!

Personally, I don't use that jack anymore, I have a scissors-type jack and a wheel dock. Worked great for removing my rear wheel.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have one similar to this...

I've had no problems lifting my Vic to full height. Also used it on my Wing and my Yamaha RSMV.

I do; however, block the bike fore and aft of the jack when I work on it but lifting or lowering is no problem.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I've heard the red Sears jack worked for our CCTs, but if you see attached, it's not working too well. Any guidance? I do have fairly thick shims between the bike and jack on the rear lift bar.
You need the RICZ jacking adapter , it will cure ALL your jacking woes ......

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are the pictures after I realized my error. I had very dense rubber blocks that are designed to be placed under clothes washer feet to reduce vibrations. I cut the right one about an inch or so shorter than the left one. With really none on the front.

The bike now seems very stable on it. I'm OK for now...

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
J&S Jack for me!

Kind of expensive but awesome!

Lifts the bike to multiple heights and rock steady. Has 2 pivoting wheels and 2 stationary wheels. Rolls so easy it is scary, and that is with a fully loaded Vision on it. Also has 2 locks to keep it place when wanted.

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
Ratchet strap'll do it every time.
We live and learn.

·
Registered
63 Posts
J&S Jack for me also, a little more expensive but you get what you pay for. The J&S Jacks are very high quality compared to most of or not all of the other jacks out there. Don't need any shims, keep the trunk on and it is so stable that I can move the bike around if needed when it is jacked up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Heck, I just added a Witchdoctors skid plate and all is well lifting my $23,000 MC on my $69 HF hydraulic lift...:^) (Tongue in cheek)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I situated the lift and left the country for ~60 days. I'll let you know if it's on the ground when I get back! LOL

I was swaying away from the skid plate because I believe it'll make the bike run hotter.

I will build a Ricz adapter and try that when I return. If it's not fully stable, I will upgrade to the J&S.

The Craftsman red jack costs me $70.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts