Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm going to say it's some combination of ALL OF THE ABOVE for most of us... :devil

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Work an average of 10 hours a day Mon through Friday. I ride into work and take a longer way home. If I worked less hours, I would take an even farther way home

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I also work Mon to Fri and there's no chance in hell I'm gonna ride from my place to my work in this crazy traffic where it would take me as much time or longer than it does now via Rapid Transit. Rapid Transit takes appx 45 min and I can read, snooze, listen to music, or just people watch.

That leaves the weekend where I usually have the time but the weather isn't always cooperative.

As for the reason's in the first post .... none of those apply (except the first one but I stopped tanning long ago. lol)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Unfortunately I have avery good excuse why I'm not riding. I found out in December that I have brain cancer and am currently undergoing radiation and chemo treatments. Iam supposed to be released to drive in June and have a lot of lost time to make up for.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Dammit dill, I just ordered a pizza and now I want a spam sammich instead!

Gdfishwell, I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you make a fast recovery and make up all those miles

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately I have avery good excuse why I'm not riding. I found out in December that I have brain cancer and am currently undergoing radiation and chemo treatments. Iam supposed to be released to drive in June and have a lot of lost time to make up for.
Hey man! How you holding up? It's 465 miles to your house. Would love to get some of these guys together and celebrate you getting to drive by going on a ride. Not kidding!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I wish you a speedy and full recovery gd , and many miles and smiles when you get back at it .:smile

·
Registered
540 Posts
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!:eek hahah
hell no!! Squirrels Pigeons and Mice??? Stuff Posing As Meat?
any meat that comes out of a can and can double as bathroom tile grout should never under any circumstances be consumed..
unless its the zombie apocalypse... then its pretty much the lesser of two evils.. :devil

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey man! How you holding up? It's 465 miles to your house. Would love to get some of these guys together and celebrate you getting to drive by going on a ride. Not kidding!
I am responding well to the treatments. They were able to remove of it with surgury and i had to recover enough from the surgery to start radation and chemo. I am doing five days a week of treatments for six weeks, almost halfway through this round. When I get released to drive I plan to spend a few days in the Texas Hill Country. I have been wanting to take my bike up there every since I bought it. The best riding roads in Texas are in that area.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Thats the way mate, we live the dream!
Keep a positive focus and we can ride through testing times.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The doctors have told me attitude is at least half the battle. My wife's uncle is a well-known radiologist and he keeps up with my test results and coaches me with everything, telling me what to expect and what to do and not do. He is in his 90's and still practicing. My Father-in-law told me if I have put up with his daughter for 35 years I CERTAINLY can't let a little thing like brain cancer kill me! He turns 102 in May.

·
Registered
471 Posts
GD get well soon, never give up

·
Registered
169 Posts
if it is below 55degrees in the morning, I'm taking the mustang...to hell with being cold, that **** is the worst. I cannot handle it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
GD get well soon, never give up[/QUOTE
Don't worry, give up is not in my nature. I still have many thousands of miles I need to put on my Kingpin.:grin

Reactions: rainman123
1 - 20 of 20 Posts