Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
miles on it for sale. It has new bars with 2 inch pull back, back rest, passenger back rest, stage one pipes, highway pegs. What would you think would be a fair asking price?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
$16,500 sounds fair to my untrained ear. thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Have you checked around to see what others have gone for?

Any mods you have done, unless they are significant engine mods like cams, don't count toward the price.

With the 2012's coming out in a matter of months; I'd be thinking in the $13k area. Might be more; might be less. I dunno. Also check ebay for any recent sales. It's not a for-sure bellwether but it might put you closer to what they going for at this moment in time. You're picking a good time to sell though with Spring right around the corner.

Question; are you thinking of buying a newer bike or car or are you just selling?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
X-2 BBob has some great advice. I too am selling my current ride and I did the research on my bike at NADA, Ebay, Cycletrader and craigslist. I got lucky and found the same model year bike on cycletrader listed by a dealer that will justify my price. thumb up

Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
528 Posts
This time of year brings a lower price. If ya can wait until march or until riding weather gets here you will be better off. You may have someone that may have their interest in your bike after they get their tax return.

When I am selling I always wait till spring, right when the weather gets good enough to ride that's when they all get the bug

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I thought the question was about a "fair asking price" not "selling price." I think BBob's pricing is a realistic selling price. KBB sais retail is $16,500, so I don't see why you would start lower than that. If you get no action at $16.5k, then you drop it a little, and then a little more, until she's gone. Unless you want to list it for a set price, and let the buyers know there is no negotiation room.

And as dd said, use the spring to your advantage, unless you must sell now, in which case some smart buyer will end up with a steal.

Why are you selling it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts