Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Vic stage one exhaust on my bike with factory exhaust tips. Will a different tip change the sound?

I'm thinking about getting the Vic big mouth tips.

What do you guys think?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another thing is to cut about 2" off the tail pipe that exits the muffler. This allows the sound to bounce around inside the tips which act as a resonator. The stock tail pipe is long enough that most of the sound exits the tips.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I put them on and am not sure what to really say! A: they look awesome B: they are a bitch to keep clean! Since I have re-worked cans inside my stock muffler bodies the exit pipe is longer and a larger diameter. So, the exit on the tips are oval and smaller so they tend to soot up! I even tried to squish the exit pipe into an oval shape but same thing - go for a long ride and the tips are sooty / and tan! And also since the tips ends are rolled inward they have a lip which traps more soot and causes it to go backwards so there is now soot at the cracks where the tips meet the muffler chrome outer cover. C: as for sound, I really didn't notice anything different?
May just take them off - can't make up my mind yet! I am wondering what a set of Turn down's would look like on an XCT? I haven't seen any pic's of them yet?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Anyone that wants / needs tips and doesn't get them right now @ 99.00 a set , doesn't deserve new tips !:D

·
Registered
813 Posts
if you dont want to spend $ for other tips i would sell these for $60 Shipped in the US.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts