Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up a kingpin on Sat. And can't ride home because of the snow storm passing through and the salt on the roads....but was wondering if it would fit in a short bed pickup strapped down but with the tail gate down?? It's a horrible senario but its one I can't get around don't have a trailer or a long bed truck of my own or in my circle of friends.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great looking bike!! the Kingpin is very long. I am not sure it will fit. I would suggest renting a trailer from U-Haul. they rent motorcycle trailers pretty cheap. Would be much easier to get it in and out of. Less chance of a problem.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Sweet looking bike. Please don't let her fall off a truck. Follow the trailer advice that Cool Blue suggested. It will be a lot easier to load/unload, and a lot safer too. On top of all that, I am fairly positive the bike does not fit in a short bed truck.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Id call the owner and ask them to measure from the front wheel up against a wall to the center of the rear axle. If that measurement is the same as the length of your shortbed, you will be okay. However, I think that has a fat chance of fitting... It might, however, go in at an angle, rather than straight in...but it is never as sturdy and stable as when you tie it down properly when it is perpendicular.

I too would probably rent a U-Haul trailer. Me and my friends used to rent the garden trailers from them - fold down gate that you can use as a ramp, and its got a hundred places to use as tie-down spots. Not sure how that would handle snow though!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Will not fit. I have a long bed pick up 8' and my jackpot back tire would be resting on part of the tail gate. Made me very nervous. That's a lot of weight on a tail gate. Rent a trailer....that's what I ended up doing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok looks like I need to find another truck and rent a motorcycle trailer from u haul they have one in the city I'm picking it up from for only $15 but my truck doesn't have a trailer light hook up :mad: never had to tow anything usually just put it in the bed. Thanks everyone for your opinion

·
Registered
203 Posts
Alot of uhaul or auto parts stores have the wiring in stock for your vehicle..plug-n-play type system..probably around 50-60 bucks. I would suggest going that route...that way you are ready for next time if you ever need to trailer it again.

I agree with the trailer idea....much easier and way safer then trying to shoe horn the girl in the back of your bed!

By the way.....very nice scoot!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Nice looking scoot!
Trailer it. Do not cheap out.
French that plate too.

·
Registered
837 Posts
You people are not helping me at all. I was looking to put my KP in the bed of an 08 Dodge Dakoda (and a buddies Kawa Versey) and make the 600 miles to Daytona in a few weeks. I have a chock and straps. I don't mind the tire resting on the tailgate. I have Harley buddies that do that all the time with Road Kings and Heritages. I am reading that trailers (if I had or can get one) are a pain and expensive to park during Bike Week.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You people are not helping me at all. I was looking to put my KP in the bed of an 08 Dodge Dakoda (and a buddies Kawa Versey) and make the 600 miles to Daytona in a few weeks. I have a chock and straps. I don't mind the tire resting on the tailgate. I have Harley buddies that do that all the time with Road Kings and Heritages. I am reading that trailers (if I had or can get one) are a pain and expensive to park during Bike Week.
Half the fun of bike week is riding there and back.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts