Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Today 11:27 AMAussiesteve
2013 victory boardwalk will not rev over 4000rpm while opening throttle not actually riding, misses and farts and struggles has cobra 2into 1 exhaust and PC 5 only done 3000klms any body else experienced this with these bikes ?

·
Registered
784 Posts
OK I'll bite, why would you even want to do this. 4K with a load is fine, but sitting still??????????

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Id take it back to whoever tuned the PCV

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Have you removed, cleaned, and re-attached the battery terminal wires yet? That's always the first thing to do on these since either a low, bad, or bad connection at the battery will cause all kinds of havoc with the ECM on these bikes. Even relatively new batteries can go bad unexpectedly. Just happened a month or so ago to someone else on the forum.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Under Warranty...back to the shop...cheers

·
Registered
445 Posts
:confused: Today 11:27 AMAussiesteve
2013 victory boardwalk will not rev over 4000rpm while opening throttle not actually riding, misses and farts and struggles has cobra 2into 1 exhaust and PC 5 only done 3000klms any body else experienced this with these bikes ?
Hi Steve, the bike will pull fine up to red line when you're riding though right?

You talking about this?

00:25 mark >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EExwqJOxSUs

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I think all 2011 and up do the same thing. I believe there is a rev limiter with out a load on the bike. Mine only goes up to 2500. I only know because of a rally game. Thats why I don't enter loudest pipe contests. It's really not good for your motor reving without a load.

·
Registered
148 Posts
No idea MBX, but my 2013 does it as well. It seems to hit a rev limiter as suggested.
Same for me, I didn't check the max rpm while in neutral though.
I was surprised at the beginning but I understood it was meant to keep the engine safe.

If you're limited at 4000 rpm while riding, then you have a problem. I'm pretty sure you're not.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Revving to the max with no load is how Aussie's make vehicles for their movies. That's why it's called "Mad Max".:D
Must say I've never 'free revved' mine.....yet
Ill give it a go when shes warmed up properly.

"semi-controlled madness is better than uncontrolled madness"...Jeff

"kick her in the guts Max"...The Goose

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Must say I've never 'free revved' mine.....yet
Ill give it a go when shes warmed up properly.

"semi-controlled madness is better than uncontrolled madness"...Jeff

"kick her in the guts Max"...The Goose

Its the ducks guts!
They shut the gate on this one.
My 2010 just spun to 5500rpm in nuetral on the tacho no worries!
Sounded great echoing off the back wall of a supermarket

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Its the ducks guts!
They shut the gate on this one.
My 2010 just spun to 5500rpm in nuetral on the tacho no worries!
Sounded great echoing off the back wall of a supermarket
Either theres no nuetral limiter on 2010 bikes or maybe my PCV and tune over rides it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts