1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
I think they drop their marketing personnel on their heads from the roof of a tall building and the survivors get to do the advertising.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
I guess I missed something in the translation.

What is wrong with more power and more torque?

Is it the burn out that turns some people off for reasons I can't fathom? The mini wheelie?

If I had one of these big twin Polaris Indian's I wouldn't mind having this kit installed.

What am I missing?

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Trying to sell $25,000+ Indian motorcycles but beating the **** out of them.

Now that people is targeting advertising just like they did with Vic, they just can't find the target.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I was at my local dealer this afternoon about an hour after they were told about this kit. I'm glad they're doing it and expect the kits to sell very well.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
What you missed Bbob is what Vindex pointed out. The prospective clientele for expensive, heavy touring bikes and cruisers ain't the wheelie cum burnout school of thought. If they crave more power, it is usually to make two-up and/or LD touring easier on the engine and tranny. Then there's MBX!

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
What you missed Bbob is what Vindex pointed out. The prospective clientele for expensive, heavy touring bikes and cruisers ain't the wheelie cum burnout school of thought. If they crave more power, it is usually to make two-up and/or LD touring easier on the engine and tranny. Then there's MBX!
Ahhh.... Thank You!

I get it now. Some people don't see this style of marketing as a way to reach the target customer who can afford these $25k machines.

I would wholeheartedly agree if they were Goldwing riders. I get the feeling their target customers are current Harley riders though and they love that kind of thing. Vroom Vroom.

Especially those who just retired or are retiring soon and want to relive their fun glory days of hot rodding on a motorcycle.

If that bike was a decked out touring bike I would agree with this completely but it's a bagger with a fairing. The difference is subtle but significant I think. In fact they should have maybe shown this kit and the burnout/wheelie with one of their non-fairing bikes.

Thanks again. It went right over my head. I've read people talking about the Victory marketing with the burnouts not being a good way to target their customer base but how else could they demonstrate in a still picture the power it has?

I've seen the videos of both the Victory and Indian touring bikes with them riding the back roads of America two up smiling and having a pleasant time so they did reach out to that customer base too. Maybe they should figure out a way to show how the Polaris Indian with this kit in it easily walks away from another brand bike on a hill without breaking a sweat. Those of us with cammed Victory's (or better performance kits) do this all the time and usually giggle like little girls (mentally) doing it as H_C says. ;) (Nod to H_C.)

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Ha ha ha, start video... when it was in the parking garage, I had to pause the video, coz it just looks exactly like a vic....

Anyway when the video started it was obvious that it was gonna be a smoky burn-out video, but this time a wheely.... Special Surprise surprise... Will they learn? NOT...

Is it possible to do a wheely with an Indian without glue on the road? And it seemed a wet road? I don't think I can do a wheely on my jackpot and I have quite a few bolt-ons so to speak... I just spin the tire if I would try?

PS there is nothing wrong bolting on a 116 or 126, that is just super AWESOME .... But you don't need the burn-outs video to buy one.... WRONG APPROACH if you ask me ¿

Maybe the red couch "Lloydz" has something to say about it?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
I personally got all that stuff out of my system riding dirt bikes long before I ever got a bike license. Wheelies, spinning the rear tire, side skids, a couple crash and burns.

Better to do all that stuff on the dirt and get it over with I think.

Not everyone has that opportunity though I guess....

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the Stage 3 "Big Bore" kit idea and I'm happy for Indian owners and buyers that its available..... I just find the marketing as retarded as ever. :|
They might as well have ended the ad. with the older guy winning the race (after one more burnout and wheelie) to have a super-model chic in ****-me pumps that's half his age jump on the back then peel off into the sunset..... :ltr:

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I save my burnouts and wheelies for the track.
Indian riders are not like this ad theyre sunny day weekend mid life crisisers
.much like a lot of the HD crowd...
Well there ya go....

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No doubt; the oldest marketing gimmick in the world is using sex to sell a product.
Hello Polaris marketing dept.... Sex might be a better idea, since you obviously didn't learn from Victory that the whole smoke-show, wheelie angle ain't cutting it with customers. :|

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm sure they're just trying to meet the needs of riders who won't buy an Indian because their Victory bikes have so much more power. I hear the complaint on the fb victory owners page all the time.

Doesn't hurt to try and attract a more diverse group of riders. Sells more bikes in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Not everyone has that opportunity though I guess....
I'm one of the "I never got a chance" crowd. First bike ever was a 1981 Honda CB750C and that was 20 years ago. Never had dirtbikes when I was a kid :(

·
12,983 Posts
the indian says 20% more torque and 20% more power. Still less then the victory. What a shame the new buyers will find out its still a pooch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts