Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Seems you have to post something to get started. Noticed at interstate speeds the wind turbulence on the Cross Country is violent. Have ordered one wind deflector form Witch Doctors.

Anyone that has better cure would be appreciated. Would not enjoy a long ride trip having to endure that for hours day after day!

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Welcome.!
And yeah the big faired bikes have that problem but there's ways around it. The members on here that ride them will clue you in on how to defeat the buffeting.
I don't have any such concerns riding an unfaired Vegas.
Well I cop a lot of wind at speed, but that's normal.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Many many discussions on here about that very subject, you'll have plenty to read if you do a search for "buffeting" or just "wind". Oddly what works for one person can have little of no impact for another, and we presume it's due to individual body proportions, how tall you are in the torso, and how far back you sit in your seat. I am 6'1" with a longer torso than legs and sit far back in my saddle - I make out very well with a slightly taller flip windshield (11") and filled lowers in forged highway bars. This setup get's me 90% where I want to be, but for extended highway riding I plan to add some under tank deflectors and/or a deflector between my forks.

I made these clear lexan fillers for my forged bars:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
id-man, thanks for the info. I'm 6'2" and do have the 12" wave windshield. Also lowered the bike with adjustable lowering link. Can't say exactly how much but nothings dragging yet on the curves. Have ordered the Kuryakyn wind deflector that bolts to the triple tree in front of the tank. I did notice at speed if I hold my hand flat out in front of my knee it cuts off a lot of the buffering. Wish I had that cast crash bar. Got a close-out deal on a 17 CC but they all had the standard crash bar. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Look at my signature for cfad it works for me and I was able to remove the fork mounted deflectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, sounds very similar to the wind deflector I have ordered from Witch Doctor made by Kuryakyn. I only hope it works as well. I really did not want to try the fork mounted deflectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts