Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just pick up my new to me 2003 Touring Cruiser today.
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the windscreen cut down in the Indianapolis, IN area. The screen that is one the bike is just a bit to tall. It needs to be shortened by 3 to 4 inches.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
10 Posts
windscreen cut down

congrats on your new ride. Over the years I've cut a number of screens on my own bikes and is very easy. First, cover your bike asyou see fit for protection. Mask the windscrn. reg.masking tape so youcan see theline you will make. use a compass/divider,point on the edge of screen pencil on tape,make your line. use a variable speed jig saw with a very fine blade[metal work fine] and slowly cut the screen sand the edge with fine sandpaper on a block and go ride.before cut,look at the line you made' you may want to changethe shape a bit...freehand,big plate anything for a pattern tomark to. If you feel more comfortable take the screen off and do it but you really don't need to. plexi/lexan cut as easy as wood!

·
Registered
10 Posts
windscreen cut down

congrats on your new ride. Over the years I've cut a number of screens on my own bikes and is very easy. First, cover your bike asyou see fit for protection. Mask the windscrn. reg.masking tape so youcan see theline you will make. use a compass/divider,point on the edge of screen pencil on tape,make your line. use a variable speed jig saw with a very fine blade[metal work fine] and slowly cut the screen sand the edge with fine sandpaper on a block and go ride.before cut,look at the line you made' you may want to changethe shape a bit...freehand,big plate anything for a pattern tomark to. If you feel more comfortable take the screen off and do it but you really don't need to. plexi/lexan cut as easy as wood! Good luck from Dave 09 vision

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.