Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info would help; I want to know if my windshield needs some adjustment/replacement. At highway speeds I get the snot beat out of me from turbulence coming off of my windshield! I have a 2000 V92C. This is the first time I have every driven on the highway (47 mile drive to work). My previous riding experience was in the dirt. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this normal? snotless in Shorewood!

·
13,239 Posts
If you had a photo it would help or how tall is your windshield. Short ones don't do much.
Can you loosen the mounting bracket and slid it up on the forks?
You have to tell us more if you want help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is some more info, the sheild is 20" hight (measured from top of head light), 22"wide (measured on back side of sheild) I'll try to attach photos of when we first picked up back in March. can't really see the brackets well, I'll have to take better pictures when i get home.

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
Any info would help; I want to know if my windshield needs some adjustment/replacement. At highway speeds I get the snot beat out of me from turbulence coming off of my windshield! I have a 2000 V92C. This is the first time I have every driven on the highway (47 mile drive to work). My previous riding experience was in the dirt. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this normal? snotless in Shorewood!
I have the moni-standard on my 2010 Vegas....you do get some buffeting at higher speeds...but not as much without it...my shield is 16 inches....Many say that you should be able to see over the shield in case of rain...some want to ride in a tunnel and not feel any wind. Realistically it isn't going to happen....:crzy:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As it sits right now, I do see over the shield, the buffeting is pretty bad at this height. I've read some articles about shields with vents in them to help reduce the buffeting. I have heard of some people adding their own vents. Just want to know if anyone has done anything like this?cheers

·
Registered
567 Posts
As it sits right now, I do see over the shield, the buffeting is pretty bad at this height. I've read some articles about shields with vents in them to help reduce the buffeting. I have heard of some people adding their own vents. Just want to know if anyone has done anything like this?cheers
"venting" a shield...? Haven't heard about that one....if you are going to poke holes in it then why have one...? If you think the buffeting is bad try riding higher speeds without one......you might be able to get one with a lip on the upper edge...I think National Cycle makes one....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After thinking about the windshield stuff, I remembered when I removed my shield to install my new side mirrors, I noticed that the previous owner had drilled two other holes on the shield bracket; thinking that this may have been an ad on from another bike I just reinstalled it using the drilled holes. Using the drilled holes caused the shield to stand up straighter. This would cause a larger low pressure area. So when I got home from work I adjusted the shield to the original position. This morning on the way to work to my surprise almost all of the buffeting was gone! The ride was much more enjoyable! The wind shield sits back about 2” (towards the driver at the top). This makes all the difference. cheers

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lowers on the forks may help as well, not sure if they are out there for your bike, you 'd have to check. I am sure you could find something to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts