Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm 5'7" - 5'8" 32" inseam long legs short torso!

What are you guys using?
I tried a Ness flip today and it works well hear radio a bit better but it is just a bit too tall I bearly look over it. I see the road about 50 ft or more in front of me. Is there anything shorter?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,178 Posts
which ness flip? ive seen one that looks like the stock one with a flip or the original flip.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm not sure I just got it from Ness today
Box says Ness XC Flip Windsheild V-1300
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok looked up part # and it says stock height plus flip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
I'm 5'7" and I use the Ness short (blacked-out) flip and it works great. I use it 90% of the time. I hear the music just fine unless there's a lot of wind. The other 10% is when I use a touring windshield from Cee Baileys; I look through that one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well mines on a Magnum which is taller up front lowered in the rear and my seat is about an inch lower too. So on my bike it may seem an inch or two taller than others? Lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,498 Posts
If you compare your Ness flip to the stock XC it is actually +1" or so as well as a flip. I am 5'9" and that setup plus a 1" lowered seat is the bomb. No buffeting... Music is clear to 75 mph with stock setup. I can't wait to have a big stereo and hear all the way to triple digits!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
I use the Klockwerks Flip and I'm 5'-9". I look over it by a good bit but still get good protection from the wind/rain and no buffeting. I think at your slightly shorter height, you would also look over it and get even better wind protection.

G'day,

Vinish
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,498 Posts
P.hunt post a pic of Ness flip on your XC... Something sounds fishy. I am 5'9" with a 31" inseam and I see over my Ness flip by a good 6-7". I think you got the wrong shield delivered to you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
I had the Klockwerks flip, and I am the SAME height,and have the SAME bike as the OP
It was just a tad too tall for me to look over
WINDVEST 10 inch,is perfect ,and also PERFORMED better on my previous Cross Country, AND on my current Magnum
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry but the madstad is the equivalent of a super model missing her two front teeth! I would remove my sheild completely before I put that on!
I will post pics with measurements today.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got off the hone with Windvest there not far from me so There going to let Me stop by and try them out!
I have to get some miles on this thing anyway before it gets cams later this month!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Sorry but the madstad is the equivalent of a super model missing her two front teeth! I would remove my sheild completely before I put that on!
I will post pics with measurements today.
LOL...and AGREE 1000%!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,178 Posts
Just got off the hone with Windvest there not far from me so There going to let Me stop by and try them out!

I have to get some miles on this thing anyway before it gets cams later this month!

im getting tired of hearing how close so many of you are to these vendors!! haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Sorry but the madstad is the equivalent of a super model missing her two front teeth! I would remove my sheild completely before I put that on!
I will post pics with measurements today.
LOL...and AGREE 1000%!
You guys can keep looking good and banging cheerleaders.
I'm not too pretty for madstad and will take the adjustability and superb function. I had a KW Flare and couldn't see over th top of it and the wind was still hitting the top of my helmet at 80 mph.
At the lowest setting I'm looking 3" over my madstad and the wind is 2" over my head. Won't be any problem to shoot it over my wifes head when 2 up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yah were close to all the little vendors I would rather live close to KevinX or The Vic shop anyday!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
You guys can keep looking good and banging cheerleaders.
I'm not too pretty for madstad and will take the adjustability and superb function. I had a KW Flare and couldn't see over th top of it and the wind was still hitting the top of my helmet at 80 mph.
At the lowest setting I'm looking 3" over my madstad and the wind is 2" over my head. Won't be any problem to shoot it over my wifes head when 2 up.
I am sorry too, but I tried the Madstad, and it DOES work great,...but looks terrible
WINDVEST works GREAT, AND LOOKS pretty darn good ;)
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top