Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 05 TC this weekend and the windshield is in sort of rough condition. Any products out there that would help in cleaning it? There looks to be some spots where some of the coating? is coming off. I am about the 5th owner & this bike has some bumps & bruises but is in good overall shape. One of the previous owners had the windshield shaved down because of his height. I don't think it will cause me any problems though(I'm 6-1).
Thanks for any help, if I need to post a pic for better understanding let me know.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BBob,
I will give the furniture polish a try. Does it have to be Pledge specifically or can it be any fp? I have to get a battery & mirror so I will wait before buying a new windshield.

Bo

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Ok mine had alot of scratches...the gas station windshield thingy was used on it while I was in the toilet..I took a clean wool pad on a high speed buffer. I used micro polishing compound which got 90% of it out and then polished with glaze..then I use furniture polish it came out with no problems..I use wrm rag on it just laying there to loosen new bugs and then powerwarsh them off..never use your hand and a rag..its fixable

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use a product from Meguiars called Plastx. Soemone once told e that it's based on the formula used to clean and polish the bubble turrets on the old B17's in WW2 but I can't atest to the accuracy of this. Anyway, it does clean and polish my shield and on a previous bike I owend (HD Ultra) it would remove light scratches.

It is a cream and not a liquid and it gets my vote.

Cheers Kym

1 - 6 of 6 Posts