Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I replaced the stock mid height windshield with a Cee Bailey with lowers. Also replaced the handlebar with the 2"pullback. The most difficult part of the job was bleeding the brakes after installing the longer brake cable. So much air!!
I didn't test ride it yet..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put SRVT 2" pull backs on my bike as well. Just wondering where you bled the brake line from and kept the brake fluid from getting on the paint? I managed to ride it, which was great, but I need to put the longer line on to put the front brake control all the back where it belongs. thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Sportynow, the local dealer says they will do it for 80.00, I might go that route to reduce my risk of ruining the paint. I can see me spattering brake fluid from wheels, fender and tank, that would be an ouch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Roadrocket, did you re-route the brake line or keep it in the original route? Mine is about .5" short - I can't put the brake lever all the way back next to the throttle assembly. The plastic brake line is tight, if it goes any further, I'll be able to play music on it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I put on an SRVT handlebar with 2' of pullback on my bike and didn't have any issue with having to change/bleed brake lines or rerouting wires. Hardest part was getting the front fairing up while at the same time tightening the clamps for the handlebars, without having the bars flop down.

·
Registered
152 Posts
How did you do this? Any tips?

I put on an SRVT handlebar with 2' of pullback on my bike and didn't have any issue with having to change/bleed brake lines or rerouting wires. Hardest part was getting the front fairing up while at the same time tightening the clamps for the handlebars, without having the bars flop down.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
When bleeding the brakes you can also hook up a "Mighty Vac",it's a hand held vacuum pump. You can buy or order them from most auto parts stores. You still have to be careful not to get brake fluid on anything,but it is not as messy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
How did you do this? Any tips?
I actually had two guys over looking at my old bike that I was selling. They were kind enough to hold the fairing up for me. So I suppose I cheated. :)

Just get a pack of beer and invite a friend over. cheers

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
You might try the Speed Bleeders with Hose and Catch Bag. I even got a little extra adhesive sealant to put on from time to time. Well worth the money and makes it an easy one person job for anyone.

http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com/

I think I got the SB8125 Speed Bleeders for my X bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts