Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,
What is the standard stock height of the windshield on the Cross Country Tour? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to know that also, at 5'8", the stock windshield is too tall for me.

From what I've been able to discern, the stock windshield is 11".

Will someone please confirm this for us? Thankyou in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,993 Posts
I think you guys are talking about two different bikes. The XC can vary from 7" to 9" and the XCT is 18" if I remember right.

It can be confusing buying shield strictly on height because it also depends on how vertical they were made. The more vertical the shorter you would want it. For instance I have an 11" Mutazu (not recommended due to easily scratched) that is functionally perfect but I also have a Klockwerx 11" that isn't as vertical in design that would need to be another 2" taller to work as well as the Mutazu. It's not always apples to apples.

Most of them are more like the Klockwerx though. At 5'10" I find the 13" to work very well in that design. I can see right over the top and I have the back end lowered 1".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you guys are talking about two different bikes. The XC can vary from 7" to 9" and the XCT is 18" if I remember right.

It can be confusing buying shield strictly on height because it also depends on how vertical they were made. The more vertical the shorter you would want it. For instance I have an 11" Mutazu (not recommended due to easily scratched) that is functionally perfect but I also have a Klockwerx 11" that isn't as vertical in design that would need to be another 2" taller to work as well as the Mutazu. It's not always apples to apples.

Most of them are more like the Klockwerx though. At 5'10" I find the 13" to work very well in that design. I can see right over the top and I have the back end lowered 1".
Thank you for your answer BBob. That is very helpful.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
The stock windshield on my 2016 XCT is 18 inches. I like it for cold weather riding because it does a great job of keeping wind off my face. I switch to a shorter one when the weather warms up.

·
Registered
433 Posts

Thanks for the info. im 6 1 and was curious how you liked that V stream. Sounds like you sold it and went with the Mutazu. I just got a XCT and just laying it on top of the boomerang, the top of that shield is almost right in my eyeballs. Im sure screwed in will lower it about an inch or two. Looking forward to visiting Canada this year. With the winter we had Ill bet all Michigan roads and downtown Detroit roads look they have been hit with small bombs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can always cut it off to where you want it. I cut mine down to where it works for me. Just tape it off on both sides, mark where you want it and you can use a jig saw to cut it off and then with the tape still on use a sander with fine grit and you will get an edge as good as the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts