Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could we start a windshield & lowers picture thread ? List the manufacture of windshield or lowers and if they preform as intended. Guys I've had a lot of motorcycles but I'm new to Victory XC and I'm extremely ignorant of whats avalable, and whos making what. Thanks.

What a great bike!!!cheers

·
Registered
573 Posts
There are already several threads on this. Try doing a search, e.g. windshields, wind, buffeting, lowers, closeouts. Cee Baileys and Ness, as well as Victory make windshields, I'm sure there are others. Victory, and I believe Memphis Shades make fork mounted lowers, and Victory makes a vinyl lower that fits inside the crashbar area, called closeouts.

The trouble with evaluations is that wind and buffeting are also effected by riding position (how you sit on the bike) and by the type and brand of helmet as well (imho a full face helmet tends to exacerbate the buffeting). Some riders aren't bothered by buffeting.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about searches but I'm thinking that this bike is so new that there is stuff coming out every week for this thing and was thinking this would be more current. Also get updated opinion on products, sometimes a windshield isn't so great after the honeymoon is over. If I don't get many participants I'll delete the thread.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Could we start a windshield & lowers picture thread ? List the manufacture of windshield or lowers and if they preform as intended. Guys I've had a lot of motorcycles but I'm new to Victory XC and I'm extremely ignorant of whats avalable, and whos making what. Thanks.

What a great bike!!!cheers

Why are you asking permission. You can start the thread.

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put that bad boy in your sig so we know...
I guess you don't have that previlage as a free subscriber. I guess I'll chane to premiun status. I feel premium status riding this thing. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts

I wish it was broken down by height and what style of helmet or lack of helmet and what gave the most improvement

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is from C-Baileys site for the XC. winhshield is the Cee Dragon

16" for most riders 5'4" to 5'6"
17" for most riders 5'7" to 5'9"
18" for most riders 5'10" to 6'0"
19" for most riders 6'1" to 6'3"
20" for most riders 6'4" or taller

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I wish it was broken down by height and what style of helmet or lack of helmet and what gave the most improvement

That would be hard because people sit in different positions. That would be very hard to match up. What may be upright to one person is leaning forward to another.

·
Registered
573 Posts
If you are referring to buffeting, which is worse on the XC than many bikes, I have found that the style of helmet (or lack thereof) has a noticiable impact.

For me, a full face helmet reflects the most buffeting, a 1/2 helmet the least (3/4 in between). I never ride without a helmet, but I wouldn't be surprised to find there is even less buffeting.

Important to distinguish between wind and buffeting. Wind is what motos are all about. Buffeting feels like someone is slapping the side of the helmet...try rolling down one rear window of your car (if you drive one) at freeway speeds. On some cars you get a terrible "buffeting"/resonance inside the car.

Would be interested in other's experiences.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I agree 100% on the helmet. With no helmet I feel no buffeting. The most buffeting is with my bell full face helmet. Interesting however with the HJC Sy-MAX Modular, very little buffeting. Also, if I secure the chin strap very tight on the HJC helmet i get almost no buffeting. As a side note with the freeway bar soft closeouts, I get a reverse buffeting. The wind is coming from behind and blowing my heat towards the front of the bike. The only thing I can figure out is the negative pressure caused from the soft closeouts blocking almost all of the forward air is the cause. So my conclusion is it is a personal thing. If you want 0 buffeting or air blowing ya better drive a cage.:):)

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info Bryman. You did a good job on that.thumb up

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I ordered a Gustafsson flip windsreen from bikescreen.com, good peeps down there. I like the looks and have heard great things so we'll see. Now for the lowers I might just make my own, unless I can find some reasonably priced.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Actually $39 dollars for the replacment lowers and $55 for the mounts, not to bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts