Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Windshield Pictures on your Cross Country

This thread is for windshield pictures. I am considering getting a new windshield for winter riding. I like my short stock windshield for summer.

Please share your pictures and the name of the manufacturer.

Thanks,

Tommy

My stock windshield is the bottom picture(The top is the madstad):

And Madstad:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hoping to see a few options too... really considering klockwerks

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow I never even heard of KlockWerks. Amazing!!! thumb up And the windshield is staying close to the stock look too. I can tell from the side shots how it would really deter the wind over your head. That is a very good option for me. Thanks for sharing the pictures guys.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I made the bars and fork lowers, and my klockwerx was clear but i painted the inside of it. and yes i like all of it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ness Flip windshield
Wow that ness one looks just like the klockwerks. And it's factory tinted. Very nice. I wonder how the two compare? Love the bars. I want to get bars very similar to yours, I'm kinda worried about the wind chill factor on my hands in the winter time though. The fairing just doesnt protect your hands at all up that high. Maybe that windshield does though.

I know were to buy the Ness windshield. Who all sells the klockwerks windshield?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I bought mine at my dealer, you may be able to post here in the needed wanted section, many people swap it out for the madstad.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ness Flip windshield
Hey Chainsaw, as far as the Ness Flip windshield go's. How much of a improvement was it over stock? I'm 6 foot tall, would the wind be pushed over my helmet? Would the tunes suddenly sound better? Are you totally happy with your's? I like the Ness flip, better than the madstad. I want the darker tint and the close to stock look with better protection from the cold during the winter time. I love the stock windshield during summer. :)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Here's mine

I'll post the brand later as the bike is out in the garage and I can't remember it LOL

IMG_3794.jpg

EDIT:

The brand is Gustaffson

·
Premium Member
13,323 Posts
I have a love my Madstad brackets but flip windshields don't work well with them because of the distortion when looking through the part where it's curved.

These hand shields from Brukus can help keep the hand warm when using tall handlebars in the Winter.

These V-Stream shields work well and have a modern look to them. The especially work well around big rig trucks throwing an air wash behind them. I definitely recommend the tallest ones they make.

On my XC with Madstad brackets and Ness Modular handlebars...

Some pics with a standard tinted 13" shield.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey tommyarmour does that Madstad work well? I have a small shield and looking to adjust it up a little and in winter time..

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hey tommyarmour does that Madstad work well? I have a small shield and looking to adjust it up a little and in winter time..
LOL, mee too. :D

I started this thread because I only have the stock windshield on my XC. And I needed just a little bit more protection for the winter. I'm perfectly happy with my short stock windshield during the summer months.

I can see a lot of guys have gone through 3-4 windshields before they found their perfect match. Seems like the Madstad is the most popular and most people stay with it. Then the Klockwerks, C-Bailey's, and Ness, and so on. I still havn't pulled the trigger and bought any of them. This thread is giving me tons of idea's though.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I have a love my Madstad brackets but flip windshields don't work well with them because of the distortion when looking through the part where it's curved.

These hand shields from Brukus can help keep the hand warm when using tall handlebars in the Winter.

These V-Stream shields work well and have a modern look to them. The especially work well around big rig trucks throwing an air wash behind them. I definitely recommend the tallest ones they make.

On my XC with Madstad brackets and Ness Modular handlebars...

Some pics with a standard tinted 13" shield.

Damn bob, everytime I see your bike it's more tricked out. :) Good job bro. I like your bars, and front tire too.

Question, would those v-stream shields work ok without the mastad brackets. Or are they important?

Oh yeah, and do you like the standard or the v-stream shield better?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Yes bob, whats with the wheels? Did you strip and polish the stockers? Ive thought about doing that.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine is a 12 3/4" Standard Shield from 7Jurock. I tried and don't care for the flip shields....too much distortion for my taste.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 130 Posts