Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13,040 Posts
yes I would say move it up. If you don't like it move it down.
Why ask us we can't say what would be best for you

·
Registered
361 Posts
When I had my C bikes set for touring wind management was more controlled by angle than height-when the angle of the shield matched the forks rake it seemed best to me-add some lowers by Memphis or Rifle and soft lowers on your crash bars and it's as good as it gets with a tombstone shield-next step up would be a batwing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When I had my C bikes set for touring wind management was more controlled by angle than height-when the angle of the shield matched the forks rake it seemed best to me-add some lowers by Memphis or Rifle and soft lowers on your crash bars and it's as good as it gets with a tombstone shield-next step up would be a batwing.
excellent info, i read somewhere the top of windshield should be same height as the rider's nose tip. currently, its at my collarbone, i dont think i can move it too match my nosetip, its too small!
prev owner musta been a smaller guy.

i ll just ride slower LOL...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, I have the same problem so I jacked the windshield as high as it would go. Less wind buffeting the head but more air coming from around the headlight. I have a Vetter Windjammer III in the loft, I wonder if it would fit..........

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
To simultaneously achieve the maximum wind blockage and visibility, the windscreen should come to just about where you say - tip or bridge of nose. You want to look OVER the windscreen in your normal riding posture. After a long day in the saddle, it is normal to slouch a bit so maybe tip of nose is best. Sounds like you need a taller windscreen.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
585 Posts
To simultaneously achieve the maximum wind blockage and visibility, the windscreen should come to just about where you say - tip or bridge of nose. You want to look OVER the windscreen in your normal riding posture. After a long day in the saddle, it is normal to slouch a bit so maybe tip of nose is best. Sounds like you need a taller windscreen.

G'day,

Vinish
Try these people, They are great. I have used them twice.

7JuRock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts