Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question - is there a windshield approximately 1 -2 shorter than the Ness Flip windshield. I installed a 21" rim and now my windshield is right in my line of sight. I would really like something tinted.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Quick question - is there a windshield approximately 1 -2 shorter than the Ness Flip windshield. I installed a 21" rim and now my windshield is right in my line of sight. I would really like something tinted.

Thanks
Check out 7jurock. I just got a flip shield custom made from them. DON'T go by just what their web site says because it's not entirely accurate. Call them, talk to Sonia and tell her what you want. They have a lite tint and the tint that I got which is color #2404.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
The Flip I was running is 11+" tall(from the vent) I picked up a 10" WindVest from LILMAGS and there is more view over the top but the wind protection is actually better with the shorter WV.(plus it looks cool :cool:)
Here's two pics from about the same angle
Flip

WindVest

·
Registered
471 Posts
That windvest is sharp looking

·
13,263 Posts
so you raised the bike how did that raise the windshield and you so now what you have is wrong.

You have your ATS on +1 when every one is at +4

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
so you raised the bike how did that raise the windshield and you so now what you have is wrong.

You have your ATS on +1 when every one is at +4

+1 on what VJ is saying... How did raising your front end change the height of your windshield???? Not to be rude but that makes no sense. Your height didn't change so unless you shrunk there is no way the windshield height has changed. I added a 21" front wheel and lowered my rear 1.5" and nothing about my windshield changed at all...

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
+1 on what VJ is saying... How did raising your front end change the height of your windshield???? Not to be rude but that makes no sense. Your height didn't change so unless you shrunk there is no way the windshield height has changed. I added a 21" front wheel and lowered my rear 1.5" and nothing about my windshield changed at all...

raising the front of the bike with the wheel will raise the entire front, including the windshield height, same with lowering the rear.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

Thanks

how tall is the ness flip? pics? www.directcycleparts.com has a great price on windvest shields, they have a flip that goes all the way across. ImageUploadedByMO Free1434252798.532142.jpg

this is the 11"

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
raising the front of the bike with the wheel will raise the entire front, including the windshield height, same with lowering the rear.

Drew... It raises the height of the windshield from the pavement... It doesn't raise it from the seat height. You sit on the bike not the pavement.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yes and no, seat height stays about the same but like a teeter totter the front end sits higher, so yes it raises the height of the shield

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
yes and no, seat height stays about the same but like a teeter totter the front end sits higher, so yes it raises the height of the shield

Drew yes it raises the height of the shield from the ground.... It does not create more distance from the floorboards to the shield or from the seat to the shield. Think about what your saying... If you put a suspension lift in a truck and 35" rubber does it change the distance from the seat to the windshield?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
oh boy, when lifting a truck, your going straight up, putting a larger FRONT wheel on the bike you are only lifting the front, like a teeter totter, there is a balance point, your windshield will go up in relation to the seat height.

take your bike, stand it up so its level, measure seat height, measure windshield height.

then put your front tire on a 2x4, measure again, then figure out the change in seat height, the change in shield height, the shield will have gone up, dont argue this point any more till you did this!!!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Ok Drew I just did as you suggested and the seat height changed... The windshield height changed in relation the concrete in my garage. However the measurement from where my ass sits on the seat to the top of the shield didn't change at all... Weird. I suggest you Drew need to go out and do the same thing.

·
13,263 Posts
still don't get it the bike goes up the seating goes up and he goes up.
Unless your cooler now so you slump over in seat to be a bad ass rider.
I don't think this is really about a windshield but more about he put a 21" wheel on his bike.
Sorry in a pissie mood why didn't he search the net for a windshield

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
still don't get it the bike goes up the seating goes up and he goes up.

Unless your cooler now so you slump over in seat to be a bad ass rider.

I don't think this is really about a windshield but more about he put a 21" wheel on his bike.

Sorry in a pissie mood why didn't he search the net for a windshield

Lol... Exactly VJ.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Ok Drew I just did as you suggested and the seat height changed... The windshield height changed in relation the concrete in my garage. However the measurement from where my ass sits on the seat to the top of the shield didn't change at all... Weird. I suggest you Drew need to go out and do the same thing.

measurements before and after?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I will do it again and write them down. The windshield vs seat height never changed. I only did this because you are my buddy and I value our internet friendship.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Ok the measurement of the windshield went up from the concrete 1 3/8 inches ( 51 5/8 to 53 ). The measurement from seat to top of shield never changed... 27 inches with and without the 2x4 under my front tire. The measurement from front tip of floorboard to outer top tip of fairing never changed 31" both times. I used a digital level and marked level the first time and then used that to measure with the 2x4 under as the angles changed. The angle of the windshield changed 2 degrees. The rake has changed but the seat to shield height remains the same. I hope this helps the OP understand. He is probably leaning more forward now due to the rake changing not because his windshield is taller.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have the Ness flip windshield on my XC with 21" front wheel and rear lowered 1.5". I also have a custom seat that has lowered my seat height 1" ish and pushed me forward 3/4".

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
how about seat height sitting, to seat height with front tire on the 2x4

1 - 20 of 59 Posts