Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Windshield Reccomendations

4K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  MaddogUSMC 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a taller windshield that will provide decent protection when I have a rider. I got a Cee Bailey 14 inch but it didn't help much. Any suggestions?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Best value may be finding someone with a take off tour shield and bracket.

#3 ·
Reactions: Tech23
#18 ·
It can be an acquired taste. I couldn't quite acquire it myself but didn't want to give up the function. After months of riding I concluded I only used a slight tilt up on for interstate travel. Made new upper and lower brackets. Reduced movement options for me meant I could position the shield differently. Others may need more movement but not me. With the shield moved back it decreased the distance between shield and helmet allowing me to I trim the shield from 11" to 9.5" yet maintain same function as before.

Here's the brackets and before and after pic.

#7 ·
I didn't like the look of the extra tall stock Tour windshield. The blade was too short, and the Klockwerks flip was still a little too short for me as I had wind hitting me right in the forehead. I got the baggershield that is great without the clear add on upper around town. If I run into rain or nasty dust storm the ability to quickly add on the clear upper piece makes it great for me. I am 6'3".

Reactions: adamnorthup
#10 ·
I just recieved my madstad windshield and brackets yesterday. Although its not the best looking windshield to get,it definitely does what it is supposed to. With it adjusted about chin height it deflects the wind well over my head and I can see over the top of it. I previously had the 18" tall windshield that I had to look through and it kept fogging up on me in the humidity. I tried several products on it and nothing would keep it from fogging up. This madstad is going to be the best option for me.

#11 · (Edited)
If your concern is buffeting/turbulence you need to decide if you want function or form it's that simple. You can buy all kinds of windshields in different heights, shapes, and styles. The problem isn't the height, style or shape the problem is its mounted wrong from the factory to properly deal with turbulence. Only Madstad addresses the mounting deficiency. If you need proof, just about everyone replaces the Cross Country stock windshield but the stock windshield works beautifully mounted on Madstad brackets.

Tech23

#12 ·
Madstad works like magic. I have no issues with appearance. I like things with the industrial look. The more knobs and levers and stuff the better. I even like the two pound hammer clunk of the tranny going into first gear. Other than the OEM windshield for the XCT I have not tried any other windshield.
Yrmv,

Reactions: Tech23 and SpecialK
#13 ·
I agree, I think the Madstad gives it an aggressive look. Another benefit is no more nasty reflection of the instrument cluster in the windshield at night because the Madstad brackets move the shield forward.

I tried a flip windshield and I didn't like the distortion of the flip/contoured shields. They didn't get the air over my head either, it moved the turbulence up to my glasses rattling my eyeballs and the only other solution was a taller standard/non flip windshield that I was forced to look thru which wasn't too bad...until it gets covered with bug guts at night. At least I didn't end up with a useless collection of windshields after one exchange and one packed away that I'll likely never use again.

Tech23

#14 ·
I really like my super tall windshield. It protects me from those Florida bugs and if I'm going fast enough when it rains, I stay dry. The issue I have is that it fogs up at night. I have thought about a Klock Werks Flare Windscreen or a Madstad. If I can figure out how to stop the fogging, I'd be very happy!

Does anyone have any opinion on the Klock Werks Flare Windscreen??

#15 ·
I live in Arizona so I can't say for sure, we don't have to deal with fog very often. I would think a Madstad would fog less maybe not at all. Just as much air rushes along the back side as the front side of the windshield . It's that powerful stream of air hugging the back side that pushes the air hitting the front of the windshield up and over your head. That's why the stock size windshield works so well on the Madstad brackets. Give Madstad a call and ask them if they fog up.

Tech23

#17 ·
SpecialK

please add your sate and bike information to help you and us.
If we new where you lived one of us might have a shield you could try

#21 ·
Have seen a few people that have gone the madstad route only to end up regretting it because they just couldn't get over the funky look of the thing on their bike. I am a very strong supporter of Gustafsson Windscreens. Any size, any tint, and they are even making them an inch wider on the tall ones!

https://bikescreen.com/collections/victory/Cross-Country

I'm 6'2" and I'm using the 13" Euroflip in light smoke tint. Best screen I've ever used, and that includes several brands.

I had a slight tip over going into the bike shed, and broke mine, man was I ever pissed! Had to stick on a LRS thats only like half as thick and had to get washers to go on the studs to take up the slack. Can't wait ot get my new one on when it gets here!

#22 ·
Like you, the Klockwerks is too short for me. I'm 6' 1/2", mostly torso; short legs. Tried the tall touring screen and it is exactly at the wrong height. The top is at my eye level so I have to either sit bolt upright to look over it or scrunch down to look through it. Not good! Someone suggested the Windvest screens. Has anyone tried them? According to their site, I should get their 11" or 12" size. Do they work better than Klockwerks? Failing that I might have Gustafsson make a custom screen for me.

#23 ·
I just put a medium, dark gray Madstad on my bike and think it looks great. I picked it up cheap on eBay so I thought I'd take the chance. It looks different for sure - but it looks good, and it works. My wife on the back will be the real test. I had a Klock Werks and a Cee Bailey and she was getting too much wind and noise. We'll see,,,

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.