Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a windshield for my bike. I am 6' 2" and my ride to work is all highway at 70mph. I'm looking at a Memphis Shades windshield, just not sure which one would provide decent wind protection without being too big and gaudy. Also, not sure which size headlight cutout to get. Any help appreciated

·
13,003 Posts
why not measure your head light. That should tell you.

Most riders like to be able to see over their windshields. But in order to do this and still get ample protection, the windshield must reach up between the tip and the bridge of a riders nose. If it doesn't, a rider will experience mild to severe buffeting.

Many riders like looking through their windshields, but what they often fail to account for is rain. When it rains everyone has to look over the top of the windshield in order to see clearly. When choosing a windshield it's vital a rider chooses one that isn't so high that he or she can't comfortably extend themselves to see up over the top of the windshield.

For the most accurate fitment possible, please stop in at a Local Dealer near you and use our "Windshield Sizing Guide"

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I HATE saying use the search feature BUT in this case I think it holds your answer Ghost Rider. I remember someone with a C series bike that had a sidecar on it and if I am not mistaken he put a memphis shades on it. I really don't remember the details but I know it is on this forum. He had two nice dogs he carried in the side car. Maybe that will help find the user and then find the thread because he posted pics and details. Hope this helps bro, I never knew HOW MUCH I appreciate my fairing and shield until I rode a few of the sporty styles on demo day.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm 6'-2" and ran the Memphis 21" Phat on my V92C for quite a while with good results-you can always cut 'em down if need to and if your going to put one on you might as well get one that's going to shield you. Looks like you have the light bar and with the shield on it makes a great place to hold a bottle of water. I'd look at the lowers too-they make a big difference in the amount of buffeting/turbulence around your head & face. Checkout Rifle-they make a very nice shield for the old Vics too. Good luck, Brian
http://rifle.com/BikeProducts.aspx?BikeNo=4247

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm about 6'3" and i got the Speed Demon, it's 18" high but if i had to do it over again i would go 20 or 22. The Speed Demon is a sport w/s
not like the police style. But Memphis Shades makes a 20" sport shield
also. So if you don't like the police style there are other options.

By the way I'm open to trades.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys, it's nice to hear what the taller people say, the guy I talk to at work about bikes and bike stuff is about 5' 4" so he aint much help when it comes to windshields lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts