Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What windshield are most running on their CCT? I am looking for something shorter than stock without being blade short. Also looking for tinted.

If you have a shorter tinted windshield on you CCT and would like to post a pic, as well as say what it is I would appreciate it.

I have cut the stock shield down 2" and it is still a little taller than i want. I could cut it down again, but would really rather have a different screen that is tinted.

Thanks all,

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
You can see pics of my (former) KlockWerks Flare in my gallery (link below), as well as a shot or two of my (current) 11" Madstad on my XCT.

Both are available in tints, although the Flare wasn't when I bought it a year and a half ago. The KW Flare -- not to be confused with the Victory Flip -- isn't extremely short, and has a lip at the top. It was very good for my height (5'9", 30" inseam). The Madstad is an adjustable system, and comes in 11" and 13" heights; it functions similar, for me, to the Flare.

Here are some suggestions for you:

1) Tell us your height and inseam, and whether you want to look over or through a windshield.

2) Enter this in a Google search field:

site:victoryforums.com windshields

That will lead you to dozens (hundreds?) of threads on windshields in this forum (and is generally better than using an in-forum search box).

3) Take a look at, say, this webBikeWorld XCT review: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-reviews/victory-cross-country-tour-review/ . Near the end, there's a section "Aftermarket Windshields for the Victory Cross Country Tour," which has links to five aftermarket windshield companies.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've got a KW shield on mine and I'm 5'10". I look over it no problem and if needed I can slouch to look through it, sometimes it just rains too hard.

Mine is clear and I think that the tint would be too dark, I had a very light tint on my last bike and I miss that. I have a mine field to ride through for the last 1/8 mile of road to get to my place. Stone road with ruts and pot holes. For looks I really want the tint but I need to see through it at night.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the replies and the help and the links...LOL I think i am leaning toward the Madstad Medium tint, but am not sure whether to go with the 11" or the 13". I AM 6'2" and Madstad's site says over 6'1" suggested a 13". I want to be able to look over it without neck stretching, yet have faily clean air.

As stated in my question, I cut my factory tour windshield down 2" and I can just see over it most of the time. I say most of the time becasue there are days, that for some reason the top edge is right in my sight line and other days when I can easily see over it (no known reason) as I ride in the same position all the time.

So to decide 11" or 13".

·
Registered
321 Posts
Love my V-Stream 13 inch shield...
I look over it and keep the face shield open 100% of the time wearing my full face helmet...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Check out 7Jurock flip. They also tint darker than what their site shows as well. Been very happy on the VV, would think similar design for the XCT.

Tim

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Semper, thanks for the picture. I have actually looked at that shield and I just can't make my mind's eye like the looks. Not bad talking at all, the looks just don't do it for me.

Tim, I will take a look at them, is that what you are running?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Semper, thanks for the picture. I have actually looked at that shield and I just can't make my mind's eye like the looks. Not bad talking at all, the looks just don't do it for me.

Tim, I will take a look at them, is that what you are running?
Yes and been pretty happy. Smaller company tryin to make it. Call them vs web and talk tint. I like the flip thinking I was really going to mis the KW shield. Mention military too, may get a discount..

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Appreciate the replies and the help and the links...LOL I think i am leaning toward the Madstad Medium tint, but am not sure whether to go with the 11" or the 13". I AM 6'2" and Madstad's site says over 6'1" suggested a 13". I want to be able to look over it without neck stretching, yet have faily clean air.

As stated in my question, I cut my factory tour windshield down 2" and I can just see over it most of the time. I say most of the time becasue there are days, that for some reason the top edge is right in my sight line and other days when I can easily see over it (no known reason) as I ride in the same position all the time.

So to decide 11" or 13".
At 6'2", I agree with the info on Madstad's site. As I mentioned, I'm 5'9", and have no trouble looking over the 11" Madstad (which is about the same as the KlockWerks Flare). So, I think you should get the larger one.

Here are a couple of pics, one of the Flare and one of the 11" Madstad. Sorry I don't have a pic of me on the bike with the Madstad.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I started with the stock blade and it was find when traveling less than 45mph. I then had the KW Flare and it was up to about 60mph. Too much buffeting in both of those shields. I now have the tallest version of National Cycle's V-Stream. It is great and buffeting is to a minimum at all speeds I travel if I am wearing my 1/2 helmets. The 3/4 helmet still gets some buffeting above 60mph. I am 5'9" and see over all three of those shields. Downside is the V-Stream in the tallest height does not come in a tint.

steviej

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have a 7Jurock flip 14" smoked shield. Can't see me ever getting another shield as this as been perfect for me at 6'1"

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WSPollack, appreciate the pics. Also love your mirrors, but after reading your install details, I don't think I will see those on my bike....LOL I ain smart enough to install them...I have the same color XCT.

Also for WSPollack and Blowndodge, are the madstad and the 7jurock's measured from the cutout straight up the shield to the top edge? So the Madstad would be 13" from the cutout to top edge and the 7J would be 14" from cutout to top edge?

For the Madstad, do you find yourself adjusting the shield much, and how does the adjustments change things compared to a fixed height? Sorry for all the questions, but I hate getting something to find out I did it wrong, and failed to ask any questions before hand..lol

If I measure my current shield in that manner it is 16". It needs to be a couple inches shorter to be perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts