Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I posted about bike locks and thanks for the input. Oh, bike not stolen yet!

Anyway, as I am new to riding the wind is really something at 50mph and greater. I was thinking of a windshield or does one just get used to it?

Thanks
John

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Guys, I posted about bike locks and thanks for the input. Oh, bike not stolen yet!

Anyway, as I am new to riding the wind is really something at 50mph and greater. I was thinking of a windshield or does one just get used to it?

Thanks
John
My experience is that the wind on the Kingpin is already pretty reasonable. I got knocked around a lot more on my old Honda.
Ive got the National Cycle quick-detach shield for colder weather though. Its smaller than the lockable Victory shield and looks better IMO. The NC shield is about half the cost of the Victory lock and ride ($300 vs $600 or so).

·
Registered
129 Posts
All windshields will help somewhat. The larger the windshield the better wind and debris protection. So it really comes down to preference. How much wind and debris can you tolerate and what look do you want. I have a Memphis Shades windshield which is also cheaper than the Victory version. I can't recall the model name right now, but it is standard size (not extra wide or tall). My advice would be to look at different configurations and see what look you prefer keeping in mind bigger blocks more. There are also lowers you can mount to help with the wind around your legs. If you don't plan on taking long rides maybe no windshield is the best choice, since the bike looks better without one IMO. Chrome don't make fun of me but again I would suggest that you look at the Show off your Kingpin thread on this site as there are a lot of bikes with different looks (including Chrome's and mine). Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
693 Posts
It really depends. If I know I'm riding for a long duration or distance at highway speeds (60+), I'll throw my barn door on there just to help with fatigue and such. You kind of get used to the wind, but never completely. Why do you think so many bikers are bigger guys? lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
get a windshield

I would recommend getting a windshield if you plan on doing a lot of road (vs town) rides, if only to protect from flying debris. Granted I live in CO, but even with a windshield I've still had a rock fly and scratch my visor.
Not sure of the brand, but I bought a small windshield with quick-release brackets (smaller than what Victory sells) and it works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts