Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 XCT and the Winglet hinges are loosed both up and down and side ways. I want to disassemble them so maybe I can put an O ring in there to tighten things up.

Anyone know how to remove the clear wings from their hinges? Someone said you just push the pin but didn't say from the bottom up or the top down or ????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
The pin comes out of the top. If you damage it or lose it, you are screwed. I was in the process of trying to get a replacement when I had a near fatal motorcycle accident that destroyed the bike. I did have the pins brand new, but not the part that drops inside to hold it on place (not sure where they are or if I do since I can't walk and my brother dealt with my bike stuff). The pin just comes out of the top and slides back in. Pretty cheap if you ask me. I was thinking of just finding a screw, washers, and a nylon lock nut to replace that with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
One of my lowers pins fell out, I used a nut and bolt as a temp fix but they started to rust. I was going to replace with something nylon or stainless steel but ended up using two wide Zip-Ties(classy..I know LOL), the ties actually worked well. I had cut and painted the deflectors in my search for buffeting control early last year, they were kind of a mess so I just splurged on a band new set I found on sale on e-bay.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
I replaced them with stainless and nylon lock nut, looks GOOD,

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies and idea's. So I will push the pin from the bottom up. At least I know if I try, and end up breaking them, they can be fixed maybe better than OEM.

Did you need to replace the top and bottom or was just doing the bottom enough?

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts

The half pin in this picture lifts out to allow you to pull the bigger pin out from the top of the winglet. The half pin is more of a retainer pin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Always a lot simpler than a person makes it once you know how.
I just placed the o ring between the black and the clear and it works great.
Thought I would still show some pictures of the pins for FYI.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts