Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you doing with your down time this winter...?
Like most of us here, I love riding and its what I do for fun when I can.
I exercise and read all the time but those aren't "fun"..
With the bike stored, when its time to chill this winter..yep, even at 47 I'm still a PC Gamer thumb up Looking forward to finishing a couple games I haven't touched all summer and Dragon Age: Inquisition should take up the the cold dark days ahead.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have been riding every stinking day but this 'inconvenient' cold snap had me pacing and restless last night. My laptop died for good. Wife is fussing $$ at me for drinking so drinking more water/coffee and playing with the dog. TV sucks except for the goodie about beavers I watched last night on PBS. I love that stuff! Need a new front tire. Fork is leaking. I can't fix it... don't have the tools or place or want to. Have every intention to get back into intense workouts. Fighting a bad cough.

So, if I had to put my bike up for an extended period, I would go absolutely nuts. I can handle a few days... maybe up to a week but that is IT! cheers:D

I used to play MOH online all the time. Lots of fun!

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I used to be a full-time gamer. CounterStrike for hours. Many MMORPGs. Even Skyrim lol.

Haven't had the time for it lately tho.

I keep going back and forth in my head regarding PCV/Cams/Tune or AFR+. I just won't have the money for the full-boat upgrade, but I may do the tuner over the winter and sell the Cobra.

I also got my glasspack mufflers back from the welder, and they look great. Can't wait to install them and see how they sound.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Well , real men just keep riding no matter how cold it is or how shitty their gloves are ...:D When the weatherman says SNOW Coming , I will put up the scoot . :( I also online game , drink booze , gym daily , booze , target shooting , more time @ Mom and Dads , booze , Football season , Bike upgrades and add on' s , booze , dream about more upgrades , and of course WORK ...:crzy: But , alas , I am still riding .:ride:

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I used to be a real man, but now I am just getting tired of being cold :)

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
By the way, our forecast has snow in the AM :p

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Winter around here means pretty much get up when its dark out and get home when its dark out, I spend my free time when I have nothing to do, gaming it up on the PC, Battlefield 3 and 4, skyrim.

Also do a lot of gunsmithing, nothing to hard, just stuff for friends or word of mouth stuff, trigger jobs, polishing, Zeroing. Right now I have been building AR-15 lowers/uppers and waiting on my jigs to start AK and HK builds, finally got a new welder so I can spend more time in the garage with that. I might try my hand at Metal art this year too.

I also sometimes just sit down at the computer and start to write, short stories and my own take on things, but once the ground thaws....Back outside I go.

Kinda saving up right now as I turn 30 in January and wanna have a good party, I'm thinking Vegas or New York.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
of course WORK
While a necessary means to an end...the W word is not allowed in this thread :mad:

I forgot about going to the range, which I do but....unfortunately I never found target shooting all that much fun, so I lump it with exercise and reading

·
Registered
533 Posts
What are you doing with your down time this winter...?
Like most of us here, I love riding and its what I do for fun when I can.
I exercise and read all the time but those aren't "fun"..
With the bike stored, when its time to chill this winter..yep, even at 47 I'm still a PC Gamer thumb up Looking forward to finishing a couple games I haven't touched all summer and Dragon Age: Inquisition should take up the the cold dark days ahead.
new call of duty is out and i figure i can go back and finish the actual campaign missions... probably throw some world superbike in there as well, but the last version wasn't the greatest... might finish up some paracord projects that have been sitting for a while.. other than that, work and reading about all you lucky SOB's that get to ride year round.. i will live vicariously through you... bastards! :ltr:cheers

·
Registered
780 Posts
I was a LONG time dedicated online pilot- Specifically Head to Head combat flight simulation.

F22 L3- from 1999 to 2003 (best uber-unrealistic head to head combat EVER)

LOMAC/ Digital Combat Simulator from Eagle Dynamics 2003 on.. (realistic and complex beyond explanation)

I have a LOT of toys in support of this hobby which I have been active in since like 1999. I pretty much gave it up when the Judge entered my life- and the computer took a dump.

Now- This former BEAST is just outdated with no ability to upgrade. I'll have to start over from the main board. I do miss it and would love to get back into it but, I'm done spending big money on this. Other priorities are calling.

This winter I hope to land some saddlebags (preferably the OEM's) and run some accessory power to both the front and back of the bike. I'd like to at least replace the intake and timing wheel too- but I'm confused on how to go about it with my stage 1 pipes and software.. I think I need a controller too because of this.. With that- I will have to save some $$ before I go for all that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I will also spend a lot of time here on the forums talking with my buddies !thumb up

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I'm just standing here in front of the window waiting for spring.:(
But I'll be your buddy..:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got into snowmobiling specifically to cure winter blues. We go once a week all out 100-150 with minimal stopping and home by 6.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Snow won't stop me but salt sure will.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Snow won't stop me but salt sure will.
be prepared... they already were dropping it on 81 north and south, city of Syracuse, and Cortland (surrounding areas too) this past weekend with the light lake effect we had a few days ago that was gone by morning....

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have been riding every stinking day but this 'inconvenient' cold snap had me pacing and restless last night. My laptop died for good. Wife is fussing $$ at me for drinking so drinking more water/coffee and playing with the dog. TV sucks except for the goodie about beavers I watched last night on PBS. I love that stuff! Need a new front tire. Fork is leaking. I can't fix it... don't have the tools or place or want to. Have every intention to get back into intense workouts. Fighting a bad cough.

So, if I had to put my bike up for an extended period, I would go absolutely nuts. I can handle a few days... maybe up to a week but that is IT! cheers:D

I used to play MOH online all the time. Lots of fun!
Here dill try one of these on that leaking fork seal. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/SealMate-Fixes-your-Leaking-Seals/dp/B00ECDLVB8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415903999&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcycle+fork+seal+cleaner[/ame]

Just follow the direction included and/or there maybe videos on youtube, as well that demonstrate how to use one. Sometimes they work really well. Once in a while no go.
You can probably get one at the local dirt bike shop too.
Save you some money and perhaps an unnecessary fork seal change.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts