Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, those of you in the northern clime's that are about to lock it up for a few months. For some it's a time when the only biking hit available is some tinkering and mods. For me, a couple of shiny bits is about it.

What do you have planned to do during the dark times?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm in Virginia, some people ride year round here even if it's a day or two here and there on decent days. I'll try to do that but my plans are new pipes, PCV and TTI....hopefully by next riding season.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The list is long... I am collecting parts now and once I hit $7500 it's time to stop for this winter. Ride it next season and do some more mods.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Change oil, plug in battery tender, wait for spring.
No mods this winter......:)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Entry level bolt ons run about $5000... Premium will run you about $10 000. Those highbeams are priceless.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I cant see the picture , so to me its worthless !:mad:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The list is long... I am collecting parts now and once I hit $7500 it's time to stop for this winter. Ride it next season and do some more mods.
Holy **** Travis , I thought I was spending money !:crzy:

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
By spring 2016 I am hopping to have one of the baddest XC's around. I sold my Chrysler 300 SRT8 and the Highball so I could focus on my XC.. Well I still have my dirt toys but don't mod them too much.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Well brother , your getting one ! Make sure there are lots of pics too ! I want to see this !cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
So, those of you in the northern clime's that are about to lock it up for a few months. For some it's a time when the only biking hit available is some tinkering and mods. For me, a couple of shiny bits is about it.

What do you have planned to do during the dark times?
Winter shminter! I'm in NJ and I don't winterize the bikes.

If the roads are dry and the temps are above 30'F, then it's good to ride! :D

If it's another "Snowmageddon" season like we had a few years ago, then I sit there for a few weeks and get sad. :(

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just bought the adjustable timing wheel and am waiting on bad weather to install it. Other than that, I don't have any winter mods planned.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm now considering exhaust as a winter project. This week I drilled out the stock pipes as well as a dozen 1/4" holes in the intake. It does sound better but not as growly as I'd like. Apparently the D&D slipons don't fit a 2011 KP so I have to save a bit longer. RPW's Big Slash and the Freedom Sharp Curve appear to sound fine on-line but I haven't heard them in person. I'm more interested in the sound so the small HP gains between the various exhaust configurations isn't important. I'd hate to take a chance and come up wrong so if any of you have any input as to which sounds better I'd appreciate hearing it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts