Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a sunny Hot mid 40 degree day today and I got the Hammer out for a nice ride. It felt good after not riding for about a month because it was cold /rainy/snowy up here in NY. Who else rode Today?thumb up Maybe Lilmags

·
Registered
352 Posts
I did...............cheers

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
It was a sunny Hot mid 40 degree day today and I got the Hammer out for a nice ride. It felt good after not riding for about a month because it was cold /rainy/snowy up here in NY. Who else rode Today?thumb up Maybe Lilmags
Holy crap that is cold. In winter I ride here when it's like 60F and freeze my nuts off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Didn't ride yesterday but Sunday I disconnected the Battery Tender, checked the tire pressure, started up my Hammer (after a month of no riding) and went for about a 30 minute ride. It was about 42 degrees with a little sunshine. Had I taken the time to dress a little better, I could have gone longer but I didn't have a lot of time to begin with because I had plans to head out into the woods on my other kind of bike - the one with pedals to do some MTBing.

Unfortunately I snapped the derailleur hanger half way through the ride and had to walk out of the woods. But I wasn't cold...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yep ....got out both Sunday and yesterday ..... did a full tank of gas between the 2 days.

Temps on Sunday were low 40's ...with some peaks of sun. The roads were washed pretty good from the heavy rains on Friday > Sat ...then dried by the 40 mph wind gusts on Saturday......

Yesterday was a little warmer ...but very little sun.

Both days were very enjoyable !!!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Hey Buzz ! Waiting to put my new exhaust on this week , 30's here last couple of days , warm enough for a quick zip , but massive amounts of salt and sand on the roads . Scares me a little , but hope to be out for a jaunt soon . thumb up

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hey Buzz ! Waiting to put my new exhaust on this week , 30's here last couple of days , warm enough for a quick zip , but massive amounts of salt and sand on the roads . Scares me a little , but hope to be out for a jaunt soon . thumb up
The salt will eat some of the finishes on your bike....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mr. Buzz, where in the eff in NY do you live? dude everything here in central NY is covered in a nice white layer of salt. closest we have come to 40's was last thursday when it was in the 20's and over the weekend in low 30's . i'd love to get out and ride but pushing the bike through 7"-8" of slushy snow and mud just doesn't sound that appealing.. guess i will be a pansy and wait till we at least get some rain to wash off the salt.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I rode saturday. It was 40ish. Sunday it was in the 50s. I live on Long Island. The roads were clear. We have 6 inches of snow so far today. Guess no riding for a little while.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Snowing like mad here right now ,:mad: too !

·
Registered
530 Posts
Snowing like mad here right now ,:mad: too !
i hear ya... old man winter is coming back tonite to drop another 10"-12" here in CNY. all i have to say is we better have one beautiful early spring and a long summer because if it rains all bloody summer, i am going to be one upset individual... :ltr:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Monster , we are due 12" also tomorrow , and I'm already hearing talk of more on Sunday! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ......:crzy:

·
12,983 Posts
Mr_Buzzcut

so how does your hand fit that shovel. Can you see over the drifts :crzy:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts