Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The company I retired from had 17 guys that rode in the branch I was in. We got into a competition of who would ride in on the coldest days. It would take us 20 minutes to get all of our garb off so we could go to work. Then 30 minutes to get it all back on to ride home on many days. This went on for several winters. I was in the control room watching people come to work on the front gate camera it was 15 degrees. Here comes Roy through the gate on his Road Glide. Then a while later here comes Jasion riding in on his Sportster with no windshield. Roy was about 60 years old and Jasion about 26 neither of them had any electric heated gear. None of us had got into that yet. The competition ended that day, Jasion and Roy where the Champions.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm a huge proponent for electric gear. Before I retired, an electric underjacket and over pants to block the wind worked for me. Ten minutes max to take on or take off.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes electric gear is wonderful. Once you get it you realize how stupid you were for not getting it years before.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
15 degrees couple weeks ago. Bike riding down street.
This morning 25 degrees, freezing rain last night, bike passes me at 545AM...

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I ride year around but luckily I am in a part of the world where it can be a high of 10 degrees on day in February and 70 degrees a few days later. About 35 degrees is my cut off but I don't have electric gear. I do put the closeouts on my XR, turn my heated grips on, and wear a lined bibs and multiple layers on my torso.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've rode out many a mornings in the upper 20's after I got my electric gear. But that was several years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts