Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time to put my Kingpin away for the winter. A friend suggested that I use Sea Foam as a stabilizer for the fuel. Has anybody used it on their Victory? Do you have any ideas about storing the bike. It sucks, but I don't think it will handle well in the snow!::(

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
It's about time to put my Kingpin away for the winter. A friend suggested that I use Sea Foam as a stabilizer for the fuel. Has anybody used it on their Victory? Do you have any ideas about storing the bike. It sucks, but I don't think it will handle well in the snow!::(
Your friend's suggestion is a valid one, as Sea Foam not only cleans but it is a fuel stabilizer as well. Unfortunately I cannot help by providing a rating, as I never used it for its stabilizing qualities for winter storage.

A good read might be on this thread: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=3463 which relates to this article on Winter Preparation: http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/winter-preparation-two-viable-choices-for-riders-90048.html.

·
12,984 Posts
Either seafoam or stable are both good products. Check first what seafoam your buying they do make ones for oil. From what I learned years a go is change oil ride a good fifty miles and then park it. I put mine on a lift but if you don't have one put some board under the tires cement is not good for storing tires on. Hook up your Bat tender and cover it up. I went to good will and bought two bed spread blankets for five bucks and cover the bike. If your bike is in the cold garage don't start it cause when it cools you'll get condensation in the motor. Thats pretty much it for me. There is just to much snow in winters for me.
Diamond and Crossroads if you ever want any snow let me know I can send you a truck load.wac

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Diamond and Crossroads if you ever want any snow let me know I can send you a truck load.wac
Thanks! I have relatives in MN, so I know you're not kidding. We get some snow here too, but you have to go up ini the mountains for it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
In my boats I actually use both, Seafoam late in the season when I start using it less. When It goes away for the season I add Stabil in addition to the Seafoam. In the bike I will add Stabil only when it starts to sit for long periods. I typically ride all through the winter at least once a month. I always gas up prior to returning to the garage.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I'm going to go with the Sea Foam, for gas ans maybe try the oil one also. I'll try the Goodwill store for a blanket. I went for a short ride yesterday, 25 miles. It was 42 degrees when I left. My hands got cold, but I'm still not ready to park it yet.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts