Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2012 Vic XCT. It came with a Zumo 660 GPS that is Victory branded. The splash screen when turning on this GPS shows a Victory logo so it is likely one that came with the bike when new or maybe was installed by the dealer prior to purchase. I recently installed 2" pullback bars and when the fairing was apart, I looked at how the wire from this GPS is connected to the bike. This GPS has 3 wire bundles running from its one main cord into the fairing. Three of these wires are unused and just end in unused connectors. I think these are something like a headphone jack, a microphone jack, and a mini-USB connector for a traffic receiver. I don't care about these three wires. The remaining wire bundle has ~4 wires leaving it. One of these has in in-line fuse. All of these wires connect to a connector which is attached to a mating connector from which wires run into one of the wiring harness bundles in the fairing.

Two of these wires in the last bundle will obviously be power (the one with the in-line fuse) and ground. What are the other two wires?

Thanks for your help.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping this in hopes of finding someone who knows what the extra wires attaching the main power cord of the Zumo to the Vic XCT wiring harness are for.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
If I read your question correctly, the last two wires are for sound. Placing your radio on Aux or Nav will allow for prompts to be heard through bikes sound system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts