Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about purchasing a wired FM modulator to add to my CC. I want to keep the IPOD connection in-place but would like to add XM radio. My XM radio can transmit FM to the radio, but does have static a lot. Does anyone know if a standard wired FM Modulator that would be used in a car would work? Will the connector on the antenna wire fit the same as a Car antenna would? This seems like the best low cost solution to add XM, and keep the IPOD connections in-place. Any help would be appreciated…

latts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't help with the modulator but I do have a question.

Did you buy your bike in Philly on Castor Ave and if so how were they to deal with?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thinking about purchasing a wired FM modulator to add to my CC. I want to keep the IPOD connection in-place but would like to add XM radio. My XM radio can transmit FM to the radio, but does have static a lot. Does anyone know if a standard wired FM Modulator that would be used in a car would work? Will the connector on the antenna wire fit the same as a Car antenna would? This seems like the best low cost solution to add XM, and keep the IPOD connections in-place. Any help would be appreciated…

latts
My XM Pioneer Inno transmits to any stereo rather well. You just need to find a free frequency to use. Play around with several frequencies and that should resolve the static issue. The vehicle cradle for your XM would work on your bike's stereo. One issue I have is that I had to add a 12V cigarette lighter socket to the bike so I can use the power plug provided in the XM vehicle kit. The antennae should be provided in the XM vehicle kit as well.

Since I have an XR, I use an XM vehicle cradle to keep my Inno charged and to get better satellite reception with the provided antennae.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts