Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm adding an "Extreem 6 Speaker Fairing Audio and Amp Kit" to my 2013 XC. I'm having trouble following item 25-e (see below.) I do have two wires on the right hand side (if sitting on the bike) (see pic below) but I checked them with my meter and it did not register a voltage (one is black the other is blue/pink, both with a larger plug.) I've looked at the wiring diagram from the manual and, best as I can tell, I should have a black wire and a gray/pink wire. Further, the gray/pink should have a smaller plug (which makes sense given the wiring harness for the new amp.) Can anyone shed some light on where I'm supposed to get the "constant power" for the amp?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The larger spade and the smaller spade in your hand (male) taps into the power outlet on the left side of the bike , Those two female BIKE plugs are the accessory power black neg , the other should be positive and have power with the key on .

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The larger spade and the smaller spade in your hand (male) taps into the power outlet on the left side of the bike , Those two female BIKE plugs are the accessory power black neg , the other should be positive and have power with the key on .
If that's what they intend then the instruction 25-e comes way too late in the process. At this point in the instructions the speaker "volume" (the big plastic box) has already been installed and there is no way to gain access to the cig lighter port.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
No , sorry the males are the speaker connections . Didn't mean to confuse .

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No , sorry the males are the speaker connections . Didn't mean to confuse .
The wires in my hand are the power wires. The speaker wires are on another part of the harness, the part where the GPS plug is located.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
DID YOU ALREADY TAP INTO THE POWER OUTLET , if not you need to remove the speaker box , this happened to me too .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
yea , disregard post 4 , I had it right the first time ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts