Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I'm putting some bullet aux lights on my engine guards. I have the harness I'm using which is the Kury #2328. It's a simple hook up, white fused wire to battery + and two black wires to battery - with the other wires to lights. I'm not sure which switch I'm going with use probably the one that mounts to the handle bars so, I can save that dash switch for something else. Anyway, here's my question. I don't want to remove my tank, not comfortable doing so after reading about the plastic nipple that people break off so, tank removal is not an option. Is there another good source to posi tap the red toggle switch wire to for switched power? That is fairly easy to get to.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Guys, I'm putting some bullet aux lights on my engine guards. I have the harness I'm using which is the Kury #2328. It's a simple hook up, white fused wire to battery + and two black wires to battery - with the other wires to lights. I'm not sure which switch I'm going with use probably the one that mounts to the handle bars so, I can save that dash switch for something else. Anyway, here's my question. I don't want to remove my tank, not comfortable doing so after reading about the plastic nipple that people break off so, tank removal is not an option. Is there another good source to posi tap the red toggle switch wire to for switched power? That is fairly easy to get to.
You could tap into a hot wire in the fairing I suppose, I could swear there is a spare wire in there but I am not at home so dont have my service manual handy.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
The fuel pump connector under the tank has been beefed up on the 2012 bikes. Not to worry about tank removal now. Best to remove tank when the fuel is low. Its pretty heavy when full.

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
I don't understand why you want to remove the tank. The battery is right behind the front wheel.
And there is an auxiliary light connector inside of your fairing - looks just like the connectors for low and high beam, you can't miss it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the help but, like I was saying I don't know enough about wiring and don't want to smoke check my bike.
@ridinman, The reason I mentioned tank because that is were it seems that everyone connects into a switch power source for the wire coming off the rocker/toggle switch. I'm going to attach the light harness to the battery. Can that switch be powered also from the battery?
@crossroads, I'm going to look for that aux light connector inside the fairing. Can you give me what color wires or area because that seems to be perfect place to connect there with a posi tap and I'm sure I missed it.
Again guys, thanks for the help. I don't mean to sound stupid because I can wrench on the bike it's just that wiring isn't my thing. I really do need to invest in a service manual and I will for my next project. Thanks again

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you're looking for switched power to allow control of a relay, there are lots of options inside the fairing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The fuel pump connector under the tank has been beefed up on the 2012 bikes. Not to worry about tank removal now. Best to remove tank when the fuel is low. Its pretty heavy when full.
Just be sure the quick connect snaps on fully. I made the mistake of not quite getting it all the way on and found myself dead on the side of the road with some fuel dumping out on the motor. Fairly quick fix, but gave my Harley buddies some ammo... :cool:

In my defense, I put the tank on after midnight after doing some install work and a few beers... cheers

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
@crossroads, I'm going to look for that aux light connector inside the fairing. Can you give me what color wires or area because that seems to be perfect place to connect there with a posi tap and I'm sure I missed it.
You will have to look at the high beam connector that plugs into the high beam bulb (lower bulb). Then look in the same vicinity (3-4inch radius) for another connector that looks just like it, and is sitting there unplugged. That's the one you want to posi tap. thumb up

·
Registered
95 Posts
You will have to look at the high beam connector that plugs into the high beam bulb (lower bulb). Then look in the same vicinity (3-4inch radius) for another connector that looks just like it, and is sitting there unplugged. That's the one you want to posi tap. thumb up
I believe you are talking about a yellow/blue wire(+) that has a black wire(-) next to it both run into an untapped connector. This is what I tapped for my lights.

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
Can you get to that wire without pulling the fairing?
Yes, simply remove the headlight bezel and the headlight assembly. You won't have much room to move - hand in the tree hollow - but it is doable (especially if you have small hands and fingers). thumb up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts