Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Jackpot.. Today I installed a side mount license bracket with tail light.. When I wired it up.. I did a test I connected it to the main wire harness to the tail light.. Everything worked, put when I plug in the tail light plug which I tap into.. Only the tail light comes on, not the light on the plate frame..

Only 2 wires...

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wiring

Good question.. Their were 3 wires a brown one.. but thats for the lic. plate white lights.. Im not using that..

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Most likely the license platewires came lose during the install. Check wires and connections.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I have a 2008 Jackpot.. Today I installed a side mount license bracket with tail light.. When I wired it up.. I did a test I connected it to the main wire harness to the tail light.. Everything worked, put when I plug in the tail light plug which I tap into.. Only the tail light comes on, not the light on the plate frame..

Only 2 wires...
Use a meter and check the tail light plug for power. If it's not there, trace the wiring back to the main harness to see if it's actually connected.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wiring

I tried that.. did it all again.. same thing.. Tail light on bike works, but not on plate.. If I un-plug the tail light plug, the bike tail light will go out... BUT the Lic. plate light will work..

Just cant seem to get them both on when connected..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wiring

I will give it a try... Just have to track it down.. since I put heat shrink to it all...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wiring

Well I give up.. I have wired all ways.. Just gonna take it to my dealer, let them figure it out.. Plus they have to install a Load Equalizer for my front & rear MBW LED's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts