Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if there is an accessory (switched) wire and ground wire among the wires in the headlight housing of the Boardwalk? If so, and if anyone has a pic, it would be appreciated. TIA.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Hey Akasjl did you download the shopmanual? All the wire colors and explanation is there.... It is quite easy to trace the wiring if you have some basic knowledge....

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andre, I appreciate the response. If you mean the service manual, no I have not as I did not believe it available for download. If you mean the owner's manual, I do have that but don't recall anything outlining the wiring. I will go back and check however.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Find Bbob forum member and click on the link in his signature.... There are all the service manuals, you don't need the exact year or model, just the closed one...

I printed this manual in A3 size and use it ALL THE TIME....

Let us know if you can find the 300 page thick manual download on member Bbob signature...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
12,968 Posts
akasjl

go to store buy a test meter and check wires. Yes the wires are in the headlight housing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again everyone. Looks like I will end up using the "Handwarmer" leads for my purposes. What I don't see in the manual is if the female leads are of the 1/4" or 3/16" variety or perhaps one of each. Once I open up the headlight bucket I should be able to figure that out and get the appropriate male connectors.

·
12,968 Posts
Never never trust victory's wiring. the power wire color on the left is not the same on the right.
Always use a test meter it will be your best friend.

please do what I ask in red letters

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, a test meter is one's best friend with wiring issues. As it turns out, Victory's wiring was spot on in this instance. I used the "hand warmer" accessory wiring to install running lights on my Vic. This product from NAMZ is a plug/play unit that lights up the stock turn signals. I am very satisfied with the unit, and the staff over at NAMZ is fantastic . I took advantage and installed HIDs from VicHid and love the output on these bulbs, much better than stock. I am all for better visibility and being seen.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts