Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like things neat and orderly... This is my 12 XCT
Why does Victory leave such a mess with the wiring just under the clutch cable behind the rear cylinder... I think they could have done a better more orderly job with the wiring. There must be a better way or a cover for this?

Is every model like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Those pix right there are testimony to Polaris strong marketing of the "automotive method" of motorcycle assembly.
It's the same all over the bike.
There was a time when one of the key items I expected in a motorcycle was attention to detail. Then wiring became less separate looms, then wiring became more exposed and less care was taken in controlling harnesses in hidden places. Now all of those bad practices have become common at varying levels and on Victorys baggers it's like they figure we just don't care.
Granted, if they spent more time doctoring it up and presenting it with a semblance of respect for the look, it would make the bike cost more, but I would pay the delta because for me to fix it, it's a time consuming misery.
Stuff like that has made me say something I never said about my primary motorcycle before... "Feggit. Too much trouble to deal with."

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Stuff it SV. No, seriously, that bothered me too, but I didn't put up a bitch post in the forum. Instead, I got down on a knee and with some zip ties I neatened it up my way. C'mon, there's a difference between an inconvenience and a problem. Incidentally, if you remove those O2 sensors and replace them with plugs (free from exhaust shops), you can hide their wires too. That cleans up the engine bay a lot more.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes sense.. Others Peeps must have voiced the same displeasure. Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Strokers of Dallas has had that cover for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts