Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XCers,

I installed the Wiseco Fuel Controller on my '11 XC this weekend. The "butt-dyno" says it is a vast improvement over the stock ECM. I have not yet adjusted the map on the new controller (waiting on some slip-on pipes), but the popping I was having on decel is almost all gone. The tone of the exhaust is a lot lower too (had drilled the end caps and cut the pipe back).

The power is better through the entire accel range, so far. I've also noticed lower RPMs while still producing the same speed.

I wasn't able to take pics of the install, but it is straightforward. Pull the tank, follow the wire harness on the left side.

The instructions from Wiseco are bad. They are very generic! Just so you know, they have plug-ins for the O2 sensors (not mentioned in the instructions). I found out by looking for the same kind of connectors on the bike and a little web-research.

Wiseco FMC090 is the model number, I called Wiseco before ordering to make sure it would fit. Then I ordered it off of E-bay and had it in 3 days for a lot less money. The Lloydz is $275, Wiseco lists it for about $230, this one ran $193 delivered. I think the name of the dealer on e-bay was "atvunlimited".

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey man good deal! I have helped friends with these before and they are a decent tuner for the money. having said that the only downside to them is that they are kinda generic with there tuning and do not allow for much fine tuning like some other brands. you may find that once you add pipes, intake, etc. you have a hard time getting rid of the decel popping, which is a problem with most diy tuners but I found it to be even more difficult with them on the victories as opposed to hd's. if you do have that problem I have found using the lloyds iac is a great way to eliminate about 95% of the popping. anyway congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can't have lower RPMs at the same speed as you "noticed" (unless you changed gear ratios) Maybe you meant to say something else??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts