1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
95 Posts
Call or message Vicbaggers. They are the ones making the upper frame kit. I traded some e-mails with them about making a frame that would run a 23 since I already set mine up with a 23 inch wheel. They may be able to make one for a stock or 21 inch wheel for a few extra bucks.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm going to look into that now. If it were possible to get more air into the bike like a TT intake through that frame replacement I would love it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
That's just crazy. Who would want to ruin a perfectly good bike by swapping the front wheel out for a 26"? I can't wait for this big front rim fad to die.

·
13,177 Posts
You have a Lloydz filter so thats as good as you can get.
More air is not going to give you more power. Your at the point now if you want more power you have to get cams.
Did you remove the sealing strip for more air.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
That's just crazy. Who would want to ruin a perfectly good bike by swapping the front wheel out for a 26"? I can't wait for this big front rim fad to die.
Hey, at least that's custom work. Personally, I could care less how people want to spend their money. When Vic starts shipping their touring line from the factory like that, then you'll have a right to complain. Not that it will do any good...

·
Registered
95 Posts
While you may not like the big wheel - the big wheel customs are a big reason for these bikes gaining popularity. There have not been many Vic platforms (if any) that have caught the attention of professional customizers and the press as the Cross bikes have.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would buy one of these if it didn't require a 26" front wheel. External filter allowing more cool air to enter the intake would be nice.

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1862/victory-motorcycle-parts-suspension-cross-country-roads-upper-frame-section-country-roads-models-sc-277/
I know the owner of vicbaggers, these things are made well. You can run a 23" wheel with the neck and stock tripple trees. It takes the neck and triple tree to get the rake for the 26" wheel.

·
13,177 Posts
While you may not like the big wheel - the big wheel customs are a big reason for these bikes gaining popularity. There have not been many Vic platforms (if any) that have caught the attention of professional customizers and the press as the Cross bikes have.
Yes professional don't do Vic cause there is no money to be made.
With over a hundred thousand h-d's out there thats the market you want to target.
Have you looked at these guys
http://www.coastalvictory.com/default.asp?page=xstore&zcid=9377

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just don't want the big from wheel. I'm satisfied with the current handling of the bike and don't want to mess that up.

I talked to the owner via FB and apparently one of his customers is going to get his dyno'd soon.

With three filters (one on top above throttle bodies and two exposed up front) I'm curious to see the results. It shouldn't suffer from heat soaking anywhere nearly as bad as regular Cross bikes. That much extra air, cool air at that, should really boost performance of the bike. Lloydz filter is okay but the bike is still struggling to breathe. Even the Vision could use more air, hence why steel bikes make way more power with either an S&S or TT intake.

Will performance offset the cost seems to be the most serious question. I really want to start my build but with more new products like this coming out I don't want to dump a bunch of cash out only to have regrets for not waiting a little longer and getting another product.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts