Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many years my wife and I rode the Electra-Glide with a police style "Ride Off Stand", the wife loved it and I enjoyed just being able to step on the pedal from the seat and give a tug on the bars to put the bike on the stand.

I understand that the center stand offered by WD is a rear mounted stand similar if not identical to the old Japanese bike center stands of days of old. I'm wondering if anybody here has installed one and what they think of it. I haven't seen any video of it other than one that a user posted on how to put the bike up on it. I'm wondering if it interferes with getting the oil filter off the engine? Also what kind of headache is involved in installing the thing?

·
12,984 Posts
looks like a lot of money for not any benefit. Am sure the oil filter you can still get at. They do scrap

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are the same videos I came up with too. Neither one has anything to do with installation or clearances on things like the oil filter. I did get a look at one of the pics that WD has on its page and it looks like the oil filter is well clear of the center stand.

Center stands aren't for everybody and yes they do touch down once in a while, I've ground the ends of more than a few back when my reflexes were quicker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts