Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of lowering my 2014 CC. Not sure whether to go 1", 1.5", or 2". Does lowering the bike create issues with the rear shock? Is the adjustable lowering link a better idea? Wondering what amount most guys are doing without any issues. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Do you like taking hard corners? If so, I wouldn't lower it at all...

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I will stop thinking about that addition. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I'm thinking of lowering my 2014 CC. Not sure whether to go 1", 1.5", or 2". Does lowering the bike create issues with the rear shock? Is the adjustable lowering link a better idea? Wondering what amount most guys are doing without any issues. Thanks

it never ceases to amaze me why people want to decrease their cornering clearance in a machine that's made to corner.
Sheeeit if all the roads were straight I'd go stir crazy.
I enjoy cranking it through the bends too much to limit myself.
Just to look cool.

I thought it was only in America, but people do it here too.
Each to their own.
Lower Away,
You'll get the good advice about it here anyways.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always got good advice so far from this forum. Don't intend to take anything away from the performance of my ride, that's for sure.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Nothing beats a long, low cruiser. They're pretty to look at.

Sent from my device right to your screen!

·
13,188 Posts
1/2 inch equals 1 inch. So if your heavy and your girlfriend in heavy only do one inch. If you go 1" 1/2 you should check the left side brake line and the rod by the ECM.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I lowered mine , 1.5" . I couldn't be happier with the looks or the handling , both are 100% BETTER . I highly recommend it .

·
Registered
89 Posts
2" here

I dropped mine 2 inches, but i'm vertically deficient!! If i ride 2 up, i just bump the air pressure up in the shock. Every now and then, when getting a tad aggressive in the twists, i'll drag a pipe but i've never dragged a floorboard! If you go 1&1/2 or 2, I would recommend the shorter side stand. Your stock one will work but you'll have to really pay attention to where you park! (ask me how i know!!) :eek:frown

1 - 9 of 9 Posts