Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Thanks for that VJ and Jon. I agree, it should be pinned. This is a great tutorial for Mags as he has never seen or worked with anything like this before. :)

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
That is pretty freaking awesome! I learned something and I've been using parts fiches for over 40 years. When I was 12 I looked up parts for my Dad in the hanger. As an adult and a mechanic I looked up my own parts because I could do faster than the parts guys.

WitchDoctors IS freaking awesome! Are they cool in person as well? I'd stop by but the chances of me ever getting to Ohio are pretty slim.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Hey Jon...now help us out with a clutch cable assembly replacement video. I bought a Barnett from you and have some concerns about installing it.

·
13,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your going to have to pull your gas tank

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
your going to have to pull your gas tank
That's what I thought. The darn thing is almost full and I don't have a 5 gallon container to siphon the gas into.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Ric- whats your concerns and I'll try and do a video.
I'm thinking that once I remove the tank, it will be obvious what to do, but are there any "gotchas" I need to be aware of? Other than correctly adjusting the cable.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I'm thinking that once I remove the tank, it will be obvious what to do, but are there any "gotchas" I need to be aware of? Other than correctly adjusting the cable.
I found removing the outer cowling and loosening the inner cowling bolts made it go much easier.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Thanks...I think.:eek
I wrestled with routing the cable for about 2 hours before deciding to waste 20 minutes getting stuff out of the way. The first time I changed the clutch cable I just muscled it in. It was routed poorly because I really couldn't see or route it properly. It interfered with the throttle cables necessitating a do over.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
We have a video on removing the gas tank so that should help. Just dont break the fuel nipple.
Too late , Ric already broke his once .... BUT , since he is a genius he repaired it !thumb up

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
We have a video on removing the gas tank so that should help. Just dont break the fuel nipple.
Jon, want to see the photos of my nipple repair? I couldn't stand the thought of spending $300 to $400 to replace the assembly, when a little ingenuity would suffice. :)

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
What I did made it a lot stiffer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts