Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see who has gone this route and if you're REALLY happy with the results.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Speakers

I installed alpine sps510 speakers last week and I got the off eBay for 1/2 the price as local shops. Did not get the amp but I would price out all sources.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
55 w RMS speakers on an amp that puts out almost twice that.. Seems like an odd combination.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last year I tried sps510 Alpines, just off of stock system. Stock stereo output is very weak. Factory speakers sounded a touch better. Was told the Alpines need more power to drive them for a good sound. Witchdoctors clearly puts out good products. I know I can get the amp and speakers for around $250 on my own. I guess what Im having heartache with is, you're basically paying $350 for the plug n play wiring that comes with the kit. Convenient? Yes. Expensive? To me it is.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did an amp yesterday to supplement my Kickers. Took about 3 hours. It's easy to do just time consuming. Save the coin for other **** to buy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, Witchdoctors just dropped their prices substantially on all stereo stuff:grinning:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pricing

I just purchased a Rockford 300w 4 ch amp the same that WD sells for $153. I also purchased 2 pairs of Polk MM521 speakers for the front and rear. These were the highest rated marine speakers. The Alpines that WD sells are NOT marine. I don't know why anyone would use them. They just don't last. I know from experience. Best of luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts