Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will not get rid of my bags. I need them to haul ****. When it need be hauled.. But I wanted a word on how it looks with and without. If its as bad ass as it looks to me I would take the time to remove the bags sometimes..Its a little dirty just overlook that ...lol

with...........

without...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I will not get rid of my bags. I need them to haul ****. When it need be hauled.. But I wanted a word on how it looks with and without.
In a single dark color with the tan seat, it's kinda got an Army vibe to me. And an Army bike needs bags...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I miss bags the most when I switched to the Pin, but never found any that looked right, and flowed with the fender line. Ended up going with a couple of tool bags, which gives me a place for some small basic stuff.
I've seen a couple of hard plastic and fiberglass trunks, that could be bolted to the solo rack for quick storage, but haven't picked one up yet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Shield

For me no bags no shield.looks sharper without them.
Big fan of the Memphis Shades fairing. Looks better than a shield, and keeps the wind off your face as well as your hands, which is nice in the cold weather. It's a quick disconnect and can be off in a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I will not get rid of my bags. I need them to haul ****. When it need be hauled.. But I wanted a word on how it looks with and without. If its as bad ass as it looks to me I would take the time to remove the bags sometimes..Its a little dirty just overlook that ...lol

with...........

without...

Therein lies the dilemma of the ages. The only solution is to buy a bagger, (something in a Cross bike would be nice), then strip the Pin down to it's elemental best. Of course you"ll have to tell the wife/girlfriend that you won it in a drawing you entered a the bike show or something in order to keep your head attached to the rest of your body.:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
before i even read the post above i was thinking the same, the tan seat gives it a nice retro look, i think some matching tan bags would look sweet! spoke wheels too!cheers

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think it looks bad either way myself, but my first bike was a Road Glide.
This time around im thinking something between a High Ball and a bagger.
Every time I look over the victory sight, I keep coming back to a Pin.
Ed

·
Registered
336 Posts
I love the brown seat!!! cheers I am all about making the bike stand out and that seat does it!

I will however say that I am not a fan of those bags. I had a buddy that ran them on his HD Deluxe were I ran a set of old school bags on my deluxe (See below - I can not seem to find a pic with the bags :mad: ) from a guy at Ospery Limited:

http://www.saddlebags.net/store/default.aspx

This guys stuff is just tits and this style of bag is HUGE!!!!! Craftsmanship is top of the line and the leather is very very thick. Even though they were leather my stuff stayed dry even in the hardest rain. IMHO a set of bags like this would be MUCH bigger then what you are running now and look better. I understand your need for bags. I put them on my deluxe (below). When I went back to victory I HAD to get bags again... Main reason I went towards the the XR. He makes them any way YOU WANT!!! I did not have the tasels on mine and they were black to match my seat.

Anyway I know your not asking about BUYING new bags just giving you my opinion. I LOVE the the KP with bags but I just do not like those bags as well as this style... to each thier own RIGHT cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personally, I like it WITH the bags...but, lose that weird insignia on the side of the black bag. Maybe replacing that insignia with the "Victory script" such as what is on the tank, or possibly something tan that would match your seat color. Just some ideas...

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Looks great both ways. I'm in the same boat. I prefer without but on trips need the storage. I recently purchased a trunk. Not sure how I feel about it. Works amazing for storage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts