Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been cut off on the highway (or anywhere else) for what will hopefully be the final time without being able to get the attention of the idiot guilty driver. I'm glad I was anticipating his move even though there wasn't a single reason for him to need to change lanes. Something about his minivan screamed dumbass as soon as he came into view.

I just visited WOLO's website and where I saw the new Big Bad Max, 123.5 db @ 320 Hz, a nice deep tone. Does anyone else happen to have one of these and if so, what are your impressions?

Also, mounting self contained air horns in the fairing seems to be envouge. I'm just wondering how much (if any) volume is lost by doing so versus mounting one say behind the rear cylinder. Out of site is good but not at the expense of compromising performance.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Also, mounting self contained air horns in the fairing seems to be envouge. I'm just wondering how much (if any) volume is lost by doing so versus mounting one say behind the rear cylinder. Out of site is good but not at the expense of compromising performance.
If mounting behind the rear cylinder, just be aware of engine heat, and the fact that the horn has some plastic parts. Make sure you have enough clearance so it does not melt parts of the horn.

Mine's been under the rear fender, working flawlesly for over two years. For more info (including install pics), see this thread: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4443.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I split my nautilus knockoff into two pieces. Mounted the compressor by the battery and ran a hose back to the horn side mounted as far back as you can get in the cavity behind the rear cylinder. There's a very small lag after the the button press to build up the pressure on the tubing. It's much more responsive after the first blast.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts