Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is pretty cool! My wife is going to learn to ride this spring. I bought her a Vulcan 500. She already asked about a side car for the dog!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
If she's going that route, get her in a rider training program for sidehack riders. If she takes a course to operate a two wheeler, then (being a newbie) she will be very conflicted when going to a sidehack. If you have ever ridden one, you know what I mean--if not, there is nothing that operating a sidehack has in common with a two wheeler.

·
Registered
71 Posts
First she has to learn to ride, become comfortable riding and then decide if she likes it. I'm not going to spend money on a side car that will never go anywhere!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
... there is nothing that operating a sidehack has in common with a two wheeler.
I beg to differ. Palmetto bugs sting just as hard and the rain is just as wet.

Hacks are fun, but they ain't any fun to ride with other motorcycles, not for the hack rider and not for the motorcyclists. On the other hand you can fit two or three wimminz on a hack with you. The tendency for them is to keep their mouths closed and to smile. Those are both endearing qualities.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
First woman licensed to ride in DC, really? I was riding in the late '60s and my driver's license was all that I needed. Was she the only woman licensed to drive anything that year? Come on. Nobody should ever believe total BS. That is strictly for suckers.v
On the other hand, I see no reason not to get a woman a nice bike. To bring a dog use a trailer instead of a side car. That way she can ride it like a bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts