Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 2015 HighBall, Lloydz torque tubes with K&N's, Bassani Pro turn outs, PCV, (set up on Dyno), MSD ignition, Lloydz timing wheel (4deg), WYRD XV40 Cams.
Bike starts, shows N for neutral, but once in gear and moving shows a dash (-). And then hits a rev limiter at just under 4k.
I've tried disconnecting the clutch switch and the speed sensor, still the same.
Beginning to think it is the PCV
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
It probably has the original battery in it. Before doing anything drastic like removing the PC-V; you might replace the battery. I'm inclined to agree that it's probably the PC-V but Vic's are notorious for acting really goofy when the battery gets weak. Might have the volts but not the amps.

Then again the gear indicator sensor might be bad or some other electrical gremlin. I'm interested to hear what others think. The 4k rev limiter might be a default setting when the computer doesn't get a signal from something like the gear indicator or other sensor.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Someone else had a very similar issue last year or so, you might be able to find the thread on it. Could be a clogged fuel filter, etc. How's your tank liner? If it's flaking off, it could be clogging your fuel strainer.

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
Still the original battery, under 4 yrs old.
Static was 13.5V, running was 14.4V couldn't check the amps.
Chances are good the battery is still good then.

Broggy has a good point about restricted gas flow. Not sure about the gear indicator not working though.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
Bike is a 2015 HighBall, Lloydz torque tubes with K&N's, Bassani Pro turn outs, PCV, (set up on Dyno), MSD ignition, Lloydz timing wheel (4deg), WYRD XV40 Cams.
Bike starts, shows N for neutral, but once in gear and moving shows a dash (-). And then hits a rev limiter at just under 4k.
I've tried disconnecting the clutch switch and the speed sensor, still the same.
Beginning to think it is the PCV
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you wash the bike ? Ride the bike around the block a bit under 4000 k rpm ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Clutch lever pulled in bike will show the '-' and I believe that also puts it into neutral rpm limit which is below the other rev limits.
I'd check your lever clutch switch just for giggles.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Was worth a try.

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
Clutch lever pulled in bike will show the '-' and I believe that also puts it into neutral rpm limit which is below the other rev limits.
I'd check your lever clutch switch just for giggles.
That's normal when you pull in the clutch lever. You should only see the gear number when the clutch is out or partially out.

At least that's the way it works on the XC. Been so long since I had a newer steel frame bike; I don't remember what it did on my 09 JP.

I wonder what we did when all we had was a speedo, maybe a tach, and some idiot lights if we were lucky.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I wonder what we did when all we had was a speedo, maybe a tach, and some idiot lights if we were lucky.
My Honda only has a speedo, and couple idiot lights for oil and temperature.

My thought was that if the bike is seeing that clutch switch pulled in (through short or something) that it would be causing the issues OP is having. I know the default programming on the CCT has a much lower rev limit in neutral so probably same on all 106.

It seems simple enough to just disconnect that add-on system and see if the issue goes away.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
https://www.thevog.net/threads/removing-clutch-safety-switch-do-not.59339/

^ disconnecting clutch switch limits RPM in all gears.

I was trying to say in my response your clutch switch probably messing up not working correctly.

FWIW my clutch switch seems to have died so I'm in the same boat. Can't rev over 3900ish and no gear indicator. Not getting the usual audible clicking sound from it as the lever moves the arm. Might try disassembly as I have nothing to lose now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did totally disconnect it, still wouldn't rev.
It is booked in next week at a Polaris dealer, so they can plug their Digital Wrench into it.
Hopefully it will be something simple.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts