Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say hello to everyone. I am a new member and am anxiously awaiting delivery of my new 2013 XC. I just recently totaled my 2009 yamaha warrior and luckily suffered no more than some road rash and a dislocated right foot. Should be walking out of this damn boot in the next 4 weeks or so! LOL I have attached some pics of my new toy! My first mod will be some new mirrors. Please put up some pics so it can help make my decision easier!

Thanks,

dthom74

Attachments

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Welcome dthom74. So how does one total a Warrior? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Welcome dthom74. So how does one total a Warrior? Just curious.
I wedged mine under a school bus. Seems those things just refuse to keep their tires on the ground!

Anyway, I'm sure the OP is in for a pleasant surprise. Aside from the brakes, the Warrior's got nothin on the Vic.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I'm sure the OP is in for a pleasant surprise. Aside from the brakes, the Warrior's got nothin on the Vic.
I hear ya Saddle. Can't wait to read his posts after he starts riding it. I hope those mirrors he wants are bigger so its easier to spot cops on his six. :eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well basically I locked the brakes up trying to avoid hitting a truck in front of me. Lost control of the bike and it threw me about 100 feet or so off the bike and down the road I went tumbling, spinning and sliding. By the time the bike came to a stop it was pretty banged up, although it did start up right away when being loaded onto the tow truck. I owed about $6,000 on it and wound up making $3,200 on the pay off. Don't ask me how, lol, I guess they took into account all of the upgrades I had done to it.

dthom74

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
You're gonna love the ABS, but a trained and skilled rider can make a bike stop shorter than ABS will. Good luck and heal up fast.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks RICZ. I can't wait to take it for a ride. The combination of my weight at 287 and the very high ride height of the warrior made it even tougher on me to keep control. Not to mention I was going a little faster than I should have been. But believe you me I have learned my lesson and although I was wearing my half helmet which did its job during the accident, I will be wearing nothing but my Nolan N85 full face helmet from here on out.

dthom74

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Not by much. And throw in the element of surprise and my money's on the ABS every time.
Me too! If I had ABS, that 18 year old cell phone driver and I may not have connected. Oh well, that got me a nice little slush fund for bike stuff and rides. thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Kury Sythe:

Don't remember the name of these...

Or these...

Kury Long Stem Convex Eclipse. Very good for long trips with a passenger and lots of luggage to see around.

And a couple others not worth showing. Yes. I have a mirror fetish of sorts. The Kury Sythe are what I settled on. There are knock off's of them around but the Kuryakyn brand is best. And yes, as mentioned, use some blue Loctite on them because they will loosen up otherwise. I think you can say that about any of them really.

Demoncycle.com and ebay have some fairly cheap but you get what you pay for.

Congrats on getting back on that iron horse after being bucked off. Good choice of steeds too. cheers

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was considering the scythe with the standard stems instead of the reapers. Anyone happen to have an installed pic of those?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
... My first mod will be some new mirrors. Please put up some pics so it can help make my decision easier!
Not sure what you're looking for, dthom. Pointy mirrors, mirrors with skulls, etc.? Are you leaning toward any particular style?

A little over a month ago, I replaced my stock XCT mirrors with some black ones from Rivco. These have front- and rear-facing LEDs, for added front and rear turn signals and front-facing running lights. FWIW, in case this floats your boat, here's a pic.

Unfortunately, adding these requires a fair amount of electrical work, as I explain in this (lengthy) page I put up on my site: http://www.billanddot.com/adding-rivco-led-mirrors.html . There are also a lot more pics of the mirrors there, near the bottom of the page.

And very nice looking bike, congrats, and welcome.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts